Welcome to Belvedere Elementary where we have one mission: to develop citizenship, leadership, and higher-order thinking skills. We are excited about this school year and look forward to the many activities and opportunities planned for our students!
Hello BES Family,
These are the weekly events for May 28, 2019.
• Monday, May 27 is the Memorial Day Holiday. There is no school.
• Yearbooks can no longer be purchased on line. We will be issuing yearbooks on our Field Days, May 29 through 31. If you would like to order a yearbook, please send $22.00 in an envelope (cash or check - made out to Strawbridge) with your child’s name and teacher's name.
• Registration for new students to Belvedere Elementary School has begun. Please go to acpsd.net and locate the registration link. Rising kindergarten students for 2019-2020 may also register for the Mandarin Chinese partial immersion program on the registration link.
• On Thursday, May 30 at 6:30 PM, we will be presenting an informational session on the new Mandarin Chinese Partial Language Immersion program for a group of kindergarten students for 2019-2020. If you have a student who will be in kindergarten next year, please make plans to attend this informational session in the media center. Mrs. Yanfei Gao, Mandarin Chinese co-teacher, and Mrs. Fran Gay, English co-teacher, will be available to meet with parents as well.
• Wednesday, Thursday and Friday we have our field days scheduled for K-1, 2nd and 3rd, and 4th and 5th grades. While the field times will be from 8:30 AM (approximately) until 10:30 AM, please put sunscreen on your child as a precaution. We will be providing water for the students and monitoring the temperatures closely. Finally, ensure your child has appropriate clothing and a change of clothes on the schedule field day.
• For the last week of school, the award ceremonies are scheduled as follows:
o Monday, June 3, 2019: Kindergarten at 8:00 AM and 4K – you will receive a notification from your student’s teacher regarding the time
o Tuesday, June 4, 2019: First Grade at 8:00 AM and Second Grade at 9:30 AM
o Wednesday, June 5, 2019: Third Grade at 8:00 AM and Fourth Grade at 9:30 AM
o Thursday, June 6, 2019: Fifth grade at 8:00 AM
• Dismissal time for the half days – Tuesday, June 4, Wednesday, June 5, and Thursday, June 6 – is 11:00 AM.
If you have any questions or concerns about any of these events, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office at 803-442-6330. Have a great weekend!
BES FIELD DAY DATES
Wednesday, May 29, 2019 Kindergarten and First Grade
Thursday, May 30, 2019 Second and Third Grades
Friday, May 31, 2019 Fourth and Fifth Grades
8:00 AM – 10:30 AM at the softball field for designated each day.
BES SIC ANNUAL REPORT TO PARENTS
The Belvedere Elementary School's School Improvement Council's Annual Report to Parents 2018-2019 can be found on the website under Parents / SIC, or by clicking here. We are so proud of the school's accomplishments this year and this report shares many of those accomplishments with you. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Salvatore Minolfo, principal, at email@example.com or call the school office at 803-442-6330.
Aiken County Public School District has a great new app for your smartphone that allows you to access a ton of district and Belvedere Elementary School information all in one place! The ACPSD App can be found in iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1121345236&mt=8 or search your Android marketplace for the ACPSD app.
PREPARE FOR FAMILY EMERGENCIES WITH SMART911
We are fortunate in Aiken County to have access to a free service called SMART911. The service allows families to register their homes and occupants for the purpose of providing law enforcement and first responders with immediate access to life-saving information in the event of a call for help to 911. During an actual emergency, first responders will have this vital information relayed to them before they arrive. Signing up is fast, easy, and free! Click HERE to view the SMART911 flyer for some great safety tips for students, or visit online at www.smart911.com for more information.
District Announces Experienced Aiken County Educator Dr. Jason Holt as New Principal at Aiken High School for the 2019-20 School Year
The Aiken County Board of Education approved Holt’s appointment May 14.
First Midland Valley High School Early College Graduates Receive Associate’s Degrees From Aiken Technical College
Early College Program graduates will receive their high school diplomas in June.
Dr. Ka'Ron Webb Named as New Principal at Ridge Spring-Monetta High school for the Upcoming 2019-20 School Year
Dr. Webb is currently an assistant principal at Chester High School, and is a member of the South Carolina Association of School Administrators (SCASA) and the Office of School Leadership Development Aspiring School Leaders.