Weekly events for April 22, 2019
• This week we have students who will be participating in Special Olympics on Friday, April 26. Each day of the week students will be learning about different disabilities to increase our understanding of the uniqueness of different students.
o Monday, April 22 the focus is on Diversity and Differences
o Tuesday, April 23 the focus is on Autism
o Wednesday, April 24 the focus is on Down Syndrome
o Thursday, April 25 the focus is on Learning and Physical Disabilities
o Friday, April 26, 2019 we will have a parade for our Special Olympians before they go to Special Olympics at 9:00 AM.
• Monday, April 22, 2019 at 3:00 PM in the Media Center the PTO is having a special called election meeting for officers for the 2019-2020 school year. PTO members are invited to attend. The meeting should last approximately 15 minutes.
• BES Blazing Bears Running Club is Tuesday, April 23 and Thursday, April 25 from 7:00 AM until 7:20 AM. Please do not drop your child off for Running Club before 7:00 AM.
• Tuesday, April 23 we will have a School Improvement Council Meeting in the Media Center at 4:00 PM. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• On Thursday, April 25 we have two exciting activities. First we are asking everyone to wear purple as we celebrate our military service men and women. Second, we will have a Parent Night focusing on literacy and math skills for parents and students. Each grade level will offer three different sessions every 30 minutes from 5:30 PM until 7:00 PM. Dinner will be provided throughout the evening; however, please complete the survey link provided on our social media sites as well as through email to let us know how many people we should expect from your family for dinner to plan appropriately. Look for the notification BES Parent Night Sign-Up or click on this link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=LTBu-BNw9EGZhxwTXOQTK265KqV4-7dKhT1s9ckaKhtUQUVSM1lUWEJBMllLQ1lIUDI5REFWSlBGQy4u
• Head's up, it's almost time for the Greenjackets' Reading program! Teachers will be developing reading goals with your child to meet in order to earn a ticket to the GreenJackets’ game on May 14, 2019. Students will be recognized at the game as well. This is a great activity to encourage your student to read during the four weeks prior to the game.
• We have begun our last Boxtops for Education collection. The top two classes will receive their choice of a pizza party or ice cream party, but the classroom teacher gets to pie Dr. Minolfo in the face on field day!
• The BES Color Run is Saturday, April 27 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM in the Playground. The day of the event registration is $15.00. There will be a DJ/Dance Party, water will be provided and concessions will be for sale.
• Friday, May 3 we will have a fifth grade dance from 7:00 until 9:00 PM in the cafeteria. Tickets will be sold at the door for $5.00 per person. Students must be Belvedere Elementary School students. There will be free snacks, Pelican’s SnoBalls and photobooth.
• Fifth grade parents, you will receive a Parent Survey for Belvedere Elementary being asked your opinions about our school. There are no right or wrong answers. When you read each item, think about the entire year rather than a specific event or something that happened once or twice. Please provide honest and true answers so that we can change and improve our school. We ask that you not talk to other parents but please contact me at the school if you do not understand a statement or if you have a question. There are four choices for each sentence. Do your best to decide. If you do not know anything about the subject, you can skip the sentence and go on to the next one. Please do not put your name or your students name on the survey or the envelope (please return the survey in the envelope it came in.) All surveys are due April 26, 2019.
• Finally, 4K, 5K and first grade parents, just a reminder that home access of our Waterford program is available. Please contact your child’s teacher with any questions or for assistance.
BES Parent Night Sign-Up
We will be having a BES Parent Night on Thursday, April 25, 2019 from 5:30 PM until 7:00 PM. If you will be attending, please click on the link to submit the number of people that will be attending that, so we can ensure we have enough pizza for dinner. More information will be sent home on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 in the weekly folders.
TITLE I PARENT SURVEY
Parents - please take just a moment to complete the Title I Parent Survey found at this link: https://goo.gl/mzW8xE.
BES YEARBOOK INFORMATION!!!
Aiken County Public School District has a great new app for your smartphone that allows you to access a ton of district and Belvedere Elementary School information all in one place! The ACPSD App can be found in iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1121345236&mt=8 or search your Android marketplace for the ACPSD app.
PREPARE FOR FAMILY EMERGENCIES WITH SMART911 - We are fortunate in Aiken County to have access to a free service called SMART911. The service allows families to register their homes and occupants for the purpose of providing law enforcement and first responders with immediate access to life-saving information in the event of a call for help to 911. During an actual emergency, first responders will have this vital information relayed to them before they arrive. Signing up is fast, easy, and free! Click HERE to view the SMART911 flyer for some great safety tips for students, or visit online at www.smart911.com for more information.