These are the weekly events for February 11, 2019.
• This week we recognize School Bus Safety Week. Parents of students that ride the bus to or from school, please talk with your student about the importance of sitting in the seat correctly, listening to the bus driver, and talking quietly. This is also a great time to show your appreciation to your student’s bus driver!
• PTO Valentine’s Day Grams sales continue this week and run through Tuesday, February 12. The grams are $1.00 per gram.
• Monday, February 4 the BES PTO kicked-off a new fundraiser with World’s Finest Chocolate. This fundraiser is going really well, but it does end on Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
• Good News Club will meet this Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Please make arrangements for your child to be picked up at 3:45 PM.
• Class pictures will be on Tuesday, February 12, 2019. Order envelopes will be sent home on Wednesday, February 6 and are to be returned by February 12, 2019.
• 2018-2019 BES Talent Show is scheduled for Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 6:00 PM in the cafeteria. We’d love for everyone to come out and enjoy the awesome talent at BES! Cost is $1.00 per person, but for families of 5 or more, the cost is just $5.00. Snacks will be available for purchase. Remember: cash only to purchase tickets and snacks.
• Tuesday, February 19, PTO is sponsoring a Spirit Night at Dairy Queen in North Augusta from 5:00 – 8:00 PM.
• Interim Reports will be issued on Thursday, February 21, 2019.
• Spring Book Fair begins on Friday, February 22, 2019.
• We are continuing our Boxtops for Education collection. This is an easy way for our school to raise additional funds for school. Please send in boxtops in an envelope with your student’s name and teacher’s name. The second quarter collection ends on February 22, 2019.
Spring Book Fair The Book Fair will be located in the Media Center and will be opened during school daily from 7:15 until 15 minutes after school is dismissed from February 22nd thru March 1st!! We will close by 1:00 on the last day. For more information click here to visit the book fair home page! If you would like to volunteer to work the book fair please contact Mrs. Chapman by emailing Lchapman@acpsd.net or calling, 442-6330, and leaving a message. Our Fair helps to raise funds for library books and student programs. Thank you for supporting our Book Fair!
Click here to link to shop at the ONLINE book fair!! The online book fair runs from February 20 - March 5th!!
BES Yearbook Information!!!
Yearbooks can be purchased online at https://www.strawbridge.net/using code 100347. Please order before Dec 20th to get the discounted price of $20!
Baby Ads for 5th graders:
Order your 5th Grade baby ads today!! Discount prices for baby ads until Nov. 30, 2018! These can also be purchased online at strawbridge.net using the same code.
Pricing for ads will DOUBLE after this week.
Please note, you can purchase the ad this week and submit photos and content AT A LATER DATE.
Prices are as follows:
Business Card - $15
Quarter Page - $30
Half Page - $50
Whole Page - $90
All photos and content need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiken County Public School District has a great new app for your smartphone that allows you to access a ton of district and Belvedere Elementary School information all in one place! The ACPSD App can be found in iTunes at http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=1121345236&mt=8 or search your Android marketplace for the ACPSD app.
PREPARE FOR FAMILY EMERGENCIES WITH SMART911 - We are fortunate in Aiken County to have access to a free service called SMART911. The service allows families to register their homes and occupants for the purpose of providing law enforcement and first responders with immediate access to life-saving information in the event of a call for help to 911. During an actual emergency, first responders will have this vital information relayed to them before they arrive. Signing up is fast, easy, and free! Click HERE to view the SMART911 flyer for some great safety tips for students, or visit online at www.smart911.com for more information.