To complete benefits enrollment, you may either:
- Log in to MyBenefits anytime between October 1 and October 31 to make your elections, or
- Schedule a remote appointment with Ward Services for personal assistance by clicking here.
- To view the 2021 Insurance Summary for open enrollment click here.
*Please note that if you want to renew or enroll in a voluntary supplemental benefit, you will need to schedule an appointment with Ward Services.
Please click here for more information.
Benefits & Insurance
Aiken County Public Schools offers the insurance programs of the South Carolina Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA). Employees select the coverage that best meets the needs of him or herself and family.
The links below provide information regaring the benefits offered to Aiken County Public Schools' employees.
We believe that employees are our greatest resource and we take pride in being able to offer benefits to all eligible employees and their families.
Identifying health issues early can prevent serious illness and help save you money. This benefit, worth more than $300, allows you to receive a biometric screening at no cost. The screening includes a health risk appraisal, blood pressure screening, height and weight measurements, and blood work and lipid panels. Have your adult well visit after your preventive screening and share your results with your network provider to eliminate the need for retesting at a well visit. Sharing your results will minimize the cost of your adult well visit.
There are three ways to take advantage of this benefit:
- Attend a preventive worksite screening. Contact your benefits office for more information about scheduled screenings. Any worksite with at least 20 participants can host a screening. If your worksite doesn’t meet that rule, ask your benefits office to consider hosting a joint screening with another worksite. To schedule a worksite screening, submit a preventive worksite screening request.
- Attend a regional preventive screening. If your worksite doesn’t offer a screening, or it you missed it, you can register for a regional screening. Find a screening near you.
- Visit a participating screening provider. Visit one of our participating screening providers. While it’s not required, you can print this voucher and take it when you visit for a screening.
No matter how you take advantage of this benefit, you will receive a confidential report, which will include required tests and appraisals. Some screening providers may provide more results above the minimum requirements. Participating screening providers may also offer optional tests for an extra fee. You may contact the screening provider about out-of-pocket expenses associated with these tests. Please note, optional tests may vary based on screening provider.
Navigating Your Benefits
Making decisions about your insurance and retirement benefits can be complicated and difficult. You need to think about how much coverage you will need and how much you will pay, all while learning new or unfamiliar concepts.
For this reason, PEBA has created Navigating Your Benefits, a multimedia campaign to give you common-language explanations on benefits concepts. The flyers and videos found below can help you find your way in the world of your insurance and retirement benefits.