Welcome to the ACPSD Virtual Academy
The mission of Aiken County Public Schools, the emerging premier school district, is to cultivate future-ready students to serve our evolving community and world through an innovative, literacy-focused school system distinguished by
- rigorous, personalized learning opportunities;
- highly effective, service-driven professionals; and
- mutually-beneficial partnerships.
The goal of the Aiken County Virtual Academy (ACVA) is to provide additional avenues for students to succeed by meeting them where they are with asynchronous learning opportunities that enable us to:
- Increase Graduation Rates
- Reduce retention and drop-out rates
- Present virtual opportunities to students 7th-12th
- Present students who are new to our district with options that are more in line with the schedules they had at their old school (block scheduling, etc.)
- Provide intervention through content recovery by allowing students to recover credit for courses they are currently taking
- Involve students in the use of digital communications, collaborative discussions, and computer software programs to complete assignments in a variety of ways
- Dustin Fowler
- Anya Stewart
ACVA MAYMESTER 2023
Interested in taking a Maymester course? Starting May 1 and running through July 13, students can get additional High School credits by completing courses through ACVA. Please click ACVA MAYMESTER on the menu to the left, and make an appointment with your counselor today! Registration is May 1-13. This opportunity is for 9th through 12th graders only.
iNFUSION is a unique writing enrichment program for students who are taking English 1 Honors as 8th graders. Click the iNFUSION link on the menu to the left for more information on this unique opportunity!