Welcome to the ACPSD Virtual Academy
The mission of Aiken County Public Schools, the emerging premier school district, is to cultivate future-ready students to serve our evolving community and world through an innovative, literacy-focused school system distinguished by
- rigorous, personalized learning opportunities;
- highly effective, service-driven professionals; and
- mutually-beneficial partnerships.
What are the Goals of our program?
- Increase Graduation Rates
- Reduce retention and drop-out rates
- Present virtual opportunities to students 7th-12th
- Present students from out-of-district with options that are more in line with the schedules they had at their old school (block scheduling, etc.)
- Allow students to recover credit for courses they are currently taking in brick and mortar
- Involve students in the use of digital communications, collaborative discussions, and computer software programs to complete assignments in a variety of ways