Car Line Procedures
The staff at Chukker Creek is concerned about the safety of all students, teachers and parents. Thank you for following our car line procedures. You should prepare for delays the first weeks of school.
Priority exiting the parking lot will be given to those cars in car line. If you park and walk your child in, please be prepared to wait to exit the parking lot as we keep the car line moving.
Morning Car Line
Front Lot: (beginning at 6:45)
1. Turn RIGHT off Chukker Creek Road.
Slowly enter the loop and remain on the right hand side. The left side of the loop needs to remain clear in order for employees to park. Parents should only pass and park when they need to go inside. Passing other waiting cars to park and drop off a student at the curb is not allowed. Parents may only park if they need to visit the classroom, nurse, or lunchroom.
2. Pull up to the first cone, just past the covered walkway. Students will unload from this point to the end of the sidewalk. Our goal is to have as many cars unload as possible.
3. Place your car in PARK before students open the car/truck door.
4. Preferably, students should exit from the right side of the vehicle. However, if a student exits from the left side, the student must walk in front of your vehicle toward the sidewalk.
5. Make certain your child is safely on the sidewalk before driving away.
6. Drive away slowly.
Bus Lot: (by permit only and after 7:00)
1. Turn LEFT off Chukker Creek Road. Employees and buses are the exception to this rule.
2. Slowly enter the loop and stop at the white line/stop sign.
3. As traffic moves forward, drive to the farthest distance next to the covered sidewalk to drop-off students. The goal is to have up to six cars dropping-off students at the same time.
4. Place your car in PARK before students open the car/truck door.
5. Preferably, students should exit from the right side of the vehicle. However, if a student exits from the left side, the student must walk in front of your vehicle toward the covered sidewalk.
6. Make certain your child is safely on the sidewalk before driving away. Students proceed to the buildings by walking between the blue poles on their left and right.
7. Drive away slowly.
Do not drop-off students AFTER 7:30 a.m. You must use the front car loop at that time.
Be observant and courteous as employees park and walk through traffic to the building.
Your child is not supervised at the bus lot after 7:30 and is tardy. Never leave your child when there is not an adult present.
Students may not be dropped off before 7:00 a.m.
Afternoon Car Line
Drivers will display their children’s names on the visor in the front window of their vehicles. A staff member will radio the names of waiting cars to the front office. Students will be dismissed when their name is called.
Cars will enter the front parking lot and form two lanes of traffic. When both lanes of traffic are stopped, a staff member will signal those students whose transportation is in the loading zone. Students will walk down the center lane and board their vehicles. Students will not be allowed to walk past the main driveway into the loop. Do not leave your vehicle and go to the sidewalk to escort your child; teachers will assist your child in the safest manner possible.
When the vehicles in both lanes are loaded, a staff member will signal for one lane of vehicles to leave. The signal will be given for the other lane to follow. If your child does not come to your vehicle, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR CAR but signal to the teacher on duty and the teacher will either find your child or ask you to pull out of the lanes of traffic until your child is located. In this way, you will not delay the boarding process.
Please remember that at the beginning of the school year, we have new students and parents learning these procedures. Please be patient. Car line can be quite lengthy for the first few weeks of school. By October, we can usually get all students dismissed within 45 minutes.
Changes in Transportation
Transportation arrangements for your child should be made before he/she arrives at school. Only a written note specifying a change in the normal way home will be accepted. The school will not accept phone calls for the changing of a child’s afternoon transportation.
Please do not text or talk on your phone while in car line.
Never leave your parked vehicle in the lanes of traffic.
Never instruct your child to board your vehicle anywhere except in the boarding area.
Drivers are NOT allowed to park on Chukker Creek Road and walk their children across the parking lot.
Car riders may be picked up ONLY in the carpool area and NEVER in the bus area.
Please display your child’s name on your visor.
Transportation arrangements for your child should be made before she/he arrives at school. Only a written note specifying a change in the normal way home will be accepted. The school will not accept phone calls for the changing of a child’s afternoon transportation.
Children who have not been picked up by the time carline ends will be escorted into the building. As a courtesy to parents, students that have not yet been picked up will be escorted to Quest Zone. Quest Zone will charge $12 per day for their services.
WHEN WE WORK TOGETHER, ALL CHILDREN CAN DEPART SAFELY AND QUICKLY.