Every Thoroughbred, Every Day - All Means ALL!
Our mission at South Aiken High School is to cultivate in ALL students the world class knowledge and skills that are necessary to be successful in their post-secondary endeavors through the development of the life and career characteristics of integrity, self-direction, global perspective, perseverance, work ethic, and interpersonal skills.
As described by the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate:
- World Class Knowledge is acquired through rigorous standards in English and Mathematics, along with exposure to multiple languages, STEM, arts and social sciences.
- World Class Skills include creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and teamwork, communication, information, media and technology, and knowing how to learn.
- Implement high impact initiatives with a focus on student outcomes that meet the needs of diverse groups within the school.
- Create a culture that welcomes diversity and strives to create equitable access for students in advanced studies, along with extracurricular activities.
- Reduce the “belief gap” that directly relates to achievement gap for minority students through self-analysis and study.
- Expose all students to rigorous coursework at all levels in order to ensure students are college and career ready.
- Promote college and career readiness through a coherent curriculum.
- Ensure that sound and purposeful reading, writing, and speaking is evident across all disciplines on a daily basis through sound lesson development and instruction.
- Provide academic support to students in order to enhance and extend classroom instruction.
- Prepare all students to participate in at least one AP course or college ready course during their high school career.
- Hire highly qualified personnel and facilitate professional development to ensure quality preparation, implementation, and analysis of lessons and assessments.
- Develop community partnerships in order to enhance the educational experience of our students.