Langley-Bath-Clearwater started as a high school in 1952. A new high school opened in 1980, and LBC became a middle school in the 1980-1981 school year. LBC Middle school consists of the sixth, seventh, and eighth grades, with an enrollment of five hundred and fifty three students. As a middle school, Langley-Bath-Clearwater was organized to serve the communities of Langley, Bath, Clearwater, and Burnettown. Most of the families in these communities come from generations of textile workers; however, of the four major textile plants in the area, only one - Avondale Corporation - continues to operate, and that is at a reduced employment population. With the closing of the mills, the economy of the area suffered a severe downturn. The people of these communities can no longer rely on the local mills for employment and have had to start seeking work in neighboring communities; therefore, Langley-Bath-Clearwater Middle School has tried to reach out to the needs of the communities it serves by being committed to the education of the students in these communities and preparing them to cope with new and different economic opportunities. With the opening of the Synergistic Lab in 2005 and the addition of career counselors in every middle school, we have been able to share various new and exciting career fields to our LBC students.