Jackson Middle School is a rural public middle school located in Jackson, South Carolina. The school facility was built in 1955 due to the construction of the Savannah River Plant. The school in it's original form was built as a high school. It was converted to a middle school and opened the 1981-82 school year as Jackson Middle School. In 1989-90, major construction and renovation was completed which added the front office/classroom building. The original buildings were renovated. The band/music area of the school was refurbished in 2003. The new cafeteria was built in 2013. Our current school population of 349 comes from our feeder school, Redcliffe Elementary. Jackson and the surrounding rural areas of Beech Island and Petticoat Junction supply the student population.