The School District of Aiken County believes that technology is a critical component of education and provides innovative technological resources for all students and staff. The mission of the Aiken County Public Schools Technology Department is to accommodate and support all the district's integrated initiatives in the most secure, timely, and cost effective way.
- A State of the art fiber network with 6Gbps internet access and a combined 10Gbps intranet (between sites) with 45 distinct locations.
- Individual Windows technology devices for all students (a 1:1 initiative)
- Hundreds of instructional software and programs
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite
Our team consists of a diverse group of school-based technicians, network and infrastructure specialists, Dell Student TechCrew, and other technology professionals all working toward enhancing your child's education.
BY THE NUMBERS
- 22,999 student devices (laptops)
- 8,861 staff devices (laptops & desktops)
- 1110 interactive panels - other classrooms are currently smartboards/projectors
- 297 servers
- 496 network switches
- 2200 Wireless APs
- 600 network nodes
- surveillance cameras
... WITH 35 TEAM MEMBERS SERVICING THE STUDENTS OF AIKEN COUNTY