Degrees and Certifications:
I have received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary Education with a focus in Social Studies from the University of South Carolina-Aiken. Comprehensive Social Studies 7-12
Mrs. Miranda Johnson
October 28th parent/teacher conference sign up- https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4BACAB2AABF8C52-parent
I have been teaching at Kennedy Middle School for the last couple years. I am extremely excited to be teaching 8th grade South Carolina History. I received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Secondary Education with a focus in Social Studies from the University of South Carolina-Aiken.
I got married in April of 2020 and my name changed from Ms. Mullins to Mrs. Johnson. I also moved to Aiken, SC and love living about ten minutes from school. I enjoy teaching, reading, listening to music, and playing with my dogs. If you ever have any problems or questions, please feel free to email me.
Parents to keep up with your students' activities in class, please refer to Schoology. Assignments with detailed explanation and attachments will be provided here.
Students will be assigned homework on an “as needed” basis.
We will be using the digital version of the textbook through Schoology.
Weekly Tutoring Opportunities:
Tutoring for this course is offered on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons from 3:10 until 4:00, however, my tutoring schedule is flexible and adjustments can be made. It is the student’s responsibility to let me know that they are coming to tutoring or if they need tutoring on another day.
Letter Grade Numerical Grade
F Below 60
Formative (Classwork/ Homework) 60%
Summative (Tests/ Major Projects) 40%
Remind App Information 2022-2023: please text 81010 and the code @sc-his1 to join my SC History remind
Classroom Rules & Expectations:
- We will be respectful to ourselves and others.
- Be in your seat, with all materials, ready to begin when class starts
- Raise your hand and wait to be called on unless given permission to do otherwise
- Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
- Keep backpacks and/or purses on the floor
- Do not abuse your computer usage.
- Only one person is allowed to be up at a time in class unless otherwise instructed.
- At the end of class, you will not be allowed to line up at the door. Stay in your seat!
- No Eating in class unless given permission. Drinks with a lid are allowed.
- No talking when I am teaching or during silent work times.