School Dress Code
Appropriate and non-distracting attire shall be worn in the educational setting. This includes off-campus activities such as field trips, performances and school-sponsored events.
• Dresses (and splits in dresses), Skirts (and splits in skirts), skorts, and shorts must be at least three (3) inches below fingertips when standing, arms extended at your side. (leggings, including sheer material, or tights do not substitute for length).
• Leggings/tights/thermal tights may only be worn under dresses, shirts, or skirts of the appropriate length described above. Leggings or tights may also be worn under jeans that have holes to cover skin.
• Shirts with sleeves for young men
• Clothing must cover undergarments
• Pants, shorts and skirts must be worn at the waist. Pants/shorts/skirts should not be so tight as to show undergarments.
• Straps on tops must be at least 2” in width
• Appropriate undergarments must be worn
INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR ALL STUDENTS
• HATS, HOODS ON CLOTHING OR JACKETS, ATHLETIC HEADBANDS, AND SUNGLASSES SHOULD
NOT BE WORN IN THE BUILDING (ANY VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN CONFISCATION OF THE
• Head coverings such as headbands, bandanas, scarves, wraps, and bonnets
• Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, tops with string straps, and plunging necklines that expose cleavage
• Bare midriffs and backs
• See-through garments or sheer garments
• Shoes with wheels or cleats are not allowed in buildings
• Bedroom shoes/house slippers, lounge wear, pajamas/sleepwear, and blankets
• Wallet/pocket chains
• “Sagging” pants are prohibited. Sagging is identified as pants that are not worn at the waist, underwear/shorts should not be showing. Exposed undergarments may be considered Refusal to Obey and lead to further disciplinary action.
• Clothing that promotes tobacco, alcohol or other drugs
• Clothing that promotes guns, violence, gangs, sex, or disrespect to others
• Rips, tears, holes and worn places in clothing must be no higher than three (3) inches below the fingertips when standing, arms extended at side UNLESS TIGHTS ARE WORN UNDER THEM, COVERING SKIN (excludes pants that have a sewn-on patch outside or inside the pants leg). No
undergarments should be showing.
• The display of obscene or profane language or gestures on clothing may result in an out-of-school suspension. Also, while the displayed message may not be obscene or profane, the message conveyed may still be deemed inappropriate and students will be asked not to wear the clothing.
• Accessories/Jewelry with spikes or items that can be used as weapons
NOTE: The administration will make the final judgment on the appropriateness of clothing and/or appearance and reserves the right to prohibit students from wearing any articles of clothing or other items which lead to or result in the disruption of or interference with the school environment and student safety. In the event the administration determines a student’s dress is inappropriate for school in accordance with this policy, the administration will either require the student to change or will inform the student not to wear the garment to school again. Repeated violations of the Dress Code will be addressed as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct. Exemptions to the dress code may be made by the principal in certain religious or medical circumstances.