Welcome to the SMS Library Media Center!
...AN EXTENSION OF YOUR CLASSROOM!
Library Media Specialist: Mrs. Anne Sidey
Library Media Aide: Ms. Donna Hilton
We have a large selection of new books to choose from this year. SC Junior Book Award 2019-2020 Nominee titles have been added to the collection. The library media center opens every morning at 7:40 and remains open until 3:30 when the students are in school. Students are welcome to visit any time before school and during class time with a pass from their teacher. They may come to read, do classwork/homework, conduct research, check out books, play board games, practice skills learned on the computer, etc. After the dismissal bell has rung, students may come to the LMC without a pass. Parent volunteers are welcome! The SMS school library media center is an extension of your classroom, please let us know how we can help!
Where RAMS are...
- All people
- Books check out
- No food, drink, or gum allowed
- Clean up your area before leaving
- No playing
- Use computers for school assignments only
BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER PROCEDURES
- Must have a purpose for visit….
- Morning passes available from your Advisor (first come, first served)
- No food or drink
- Pass not needed after school
SUGGESTED PURPOSES FOR VISIT TO LMC:
- CHECK-IN and/or CHECK OUT BOOKS
- VISIT THE MAKERSPACE
- USE COMPUTERS FOR SCHOOL RELATED ASSIGNMENTS
What the LMC has to offer….
- book check out (OF COURSE!)
- book recommendations
- Battle of the Books competition
- Lit & Lunch Bunch
- News show
- LMC helpers
- board games, card games, chess, & checkers
- research/random question help
- resources for all members of the RAMS Community
Library Media Center Visits Procedures
- arrive with a class - no pass needed!
- When visiting during a teacher’s class, your teacher can send up to 4 students to the LMC with a pass
- the pass outlines your purpose for your visit
- you will sign in when you visit with a pass
- you will have either Ms. Hilton or Mrs. Sidey sign your pass when you leave
- Students are allowed TWO book checkouts at one time (one book on first visit)
- If you have a damaged or lost book, you will need to settle this before checking out a book. See Mrs. Sidey if you would like to work your fine off in the LMC.
- Books are checked out for TWO WEEKS
- No late fees
- ○You will have to pay for lost or damaged books
Do you know the benefits of reading ?
1.Mental Stimulation. ...
2.Stress Reduction. ...
4.Vocabulary Expansion. ...
5.Memory Improvement. ...
6.Stronger Analytical Thinking Skills. ...
7.Improved Focus and Concentration. ...
8.Better Writing Skills…
- READ - READ - READ!
- You have choices…
- Non-fiction and Classic fiction titles will offer higher LEXILES
- Recommend choosing one of each- one fiction, one nonfiction title
Free eBooks through September 30!
Click on MackinVIA image to sign in as a student.
Students: Use your school computer login username and password to access these great titles.
Junior Library Guild is offering free eBooks and a selection of audiobooks also!
Click on the image JLGDIGITAL image to access these great titles! If using Desktop computer, no login info needed.
If using IOS device, follow the instructions below:
1. Simply download the JLG Digital app from the App Store.
2. Sign in using the login info for the school-level book stream of your choice.