Office of Accountability & Assessment
The mission of the Aiken County Public School's Office of Accountability and Assessment is to build the capacity of all ACPSD staff to improve teaching and learning by providing timely data, information and support to help inform the continuous improvement of our instructional programs.
The Office of Accountability and Assessment provides knowledge and support to strengthen decision-making of the administration and district and school-based instructional leaders and staff. The Office gathers and analyzes data, providing timely information on student performance and issues of educational quality in Aiken County Public Schools and ensures the integrity of the assessment system activities and helps support teaching and learning through relevant research and program evaluation.
The Office of Assessment and Accountability is responsible for:
- Promoting a culture of continuous improvement throughout all Aiken County Public Schools;
- Monitoring progress of key performance indicators and district-wide improvement efforts;
- Ensuring the integrity of our assessment systems;
- Supporting compliance with AdvancED continuous improvement process;
- Data analysis, reporting and dissemination of state-wide and local assessments;
- Supporting the implementation of the South Carolina Academic Standards;
- Conducting program evaluations and preparing specialized reports;
- Supporting the administration of all local and state assessments;
- Supporting the development and implementation of valid and reliable local benchmark assessments.