Phone: (803) 641-2570
Degrees and Certifications:
Degrees Ed.D. Educational Leadership Ed.S. Administration and Supervision M.Ed. Middle Grades Education Middle/High School English Middle/High School Social Studies B.A. Communications (Drama/Speech) Certifications Elementary Supervisor Elementary Principal Secondary Supervisor Secondary Principal
Dr. Valerie McGahee
It is exciting to be a member of the Jackson MIddle School staff. I look forward to interacting with everyone as a member of the Jackson/Beech Island community. I come to you from Aiken Intermediate School. I am a 30+ year veteran educator, who retired from the Richmond County School System before coming to Aiken County. While in Richmond County I served in a variety positions, including assistant principal and principal. It is exciting to return to my first love of teaching middle school students. Excitement for me abounds, as I continue teaching 6th grade English Language Arts. I have attended the University of Georgia, Augusta University, and South Carolina State University, earning undergraduate and graduate degrees. I am a native Augustan, a graduate of Aquinas High School. My pride and joy is my one son who is a senior Chemistry major at Benedict College in Columbia. I am active in my church, Mt. Vernon Baptist Church, where I am a member of the Trustee Board, the Kitchen Ministry, and the Music and Arts Ministry. I am also an active member of my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha. I enjoy cooking, reading, traveling and spending time with friends. I look forward to a wonderful year of teaching and learning with the students and staff of Jackson Middle School.
Please feal free to email, text or call me.
- Webpage: I will post a weekly agenda, other class information, and resources throughout the year on my class webpage.
- To access the website, go to the Aiken County Public School website at http://www.acpsd.net/jms. Click on the “Teachers” link and then my name.
- Contact Information: Email: email@example.com Phone: (803) 393-9691
- Schoology: Schoology will also be used to upload information. Student access information will follow.
- Email is the best way to keep in contact.