AP Academy Vision:
To cultivate in ALL students, the world class knowledge and skills that are necessary to be successful in their post-secondary endeavors through the development of the life and career characteristics of integrity, self-direction, a global perspective, perseverance, work ethic and interpersonal skills.
As described by the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate:
- World Class Knowledge is acquired through rigorous standards in English and Mathematics, along with exposure to multiple languages, STEM, arts and social sciences.
- World Class Skills include creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and teamwork, communication, information, media and technology, and knowing how to learn.
AP Academy Strategic Goals:
- Implement high impact initiatives with a focus on student outcomes that meet the needs of diverse groups within the school.
- Create a culture that welcomes diversity and strives to create equitable access for students in advanced studies, along with extracurricular activities.
- Reduce the “belief gap” that directly relates to achievement gap for minority students through self-analysis and study.
- Expose all students to rigorous coursework at all levels in order to ensure students are college and career ready.
- Promote college and career readiness through a coherent curriculum.
- Ensure that sound and purposeful reading, writing and speaking is evident across all disciplines on a daily basis through sound lesson development and instruction.
- Provide academic support to students in order to enhance and extend classroom instruction.
- Prepare all students to participate in at least one AP course or college ready course during their high school career.
- Hire highly qualified personnel and facilitate professional development to ensure quality preparation, implementation and analysis of lessons and assessments.
- Develop community partnerships in order to enhance the educational experience of our students.