Phone: 803 641-2740
Degrees and Certifications:
B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies (Recreation/Business Admin) University of SC-Aiken B.S. Education - University of SC-Aiken Masters in Educational Leadership - American College of Educaiton Certification Areas: Physical Education Special Education Elementary Education
Distance Learning Information
Phase II Packets
Update: March 18, 2020Welcome to Virtual Learning!
As we navgate through this time of distance learning please be assured that I am here to answer any questions you or your child may have and will be regulalry available to assist with any that may arise. Please reference below to available conference times, office hours and resources available to you and your student. As items are updated and questions arise, reference this page for the latest updates:
Office Hours: Mrs. Watkins will be available Monday - Friday from 9:00-11:00 a.m. and from 1:00-3:00 p.m. for direct questions and indivudual conferencing. During these times, I will attempt to organize small group instruction/lessons. At this time, I will be using Zoom as the online platform. Links will be available on this webpage as well as shared through our classroom dojo page. I encourage all parents to join the dojo page if they've not already done so. Valuable information will be shared during this school outage. Please feel free to email questions or concerns that you may have. Please remember that we are all in this together and that teachers are trying to navigate "new waters" so please be patient as we figure out the besst ways to stay connected and to serve as support for our students.
Learning Packets: For those who were unable to come to the school to get a paper/pencil learning packet, I've linked the pdf for the entire packet here: Student Packet Please note that these are available at your students individualized instructional level, so if you have questions about the difficulty and feel like they need additional resources or a different level, please let me know and I'll make those available to you.
Additional Resources: For the entiretly of the school clousre, additional resources are made available through a variety of companies, free of charge. Please have your student try these out! Learning should be fun, not just paper/pencil.
Online Digital Library:
- Epic: Digital Library for kids 12 and under, 30 day free trial.
Additional K-5 digital resources below may be used to supplement the activities for each day:
- Freekidsbooks.org: Website where books can be downloaded and printed out or read to the child from the computer.
- Scholastic Learn at Home: 20 days of stories and videos.
- StorytimeStandouts.com: Website where free rhymes, finger plays, and songs are in pdfs that can be downloaded.
- Clarkness.com: Website that has free, easy to read picture e-books.
- Circletimefun.com: Website that has videos to allow you and your child to participate in interactive read alouds, yoga, family cooking, and sing-alongs. Parent will need to sign up for a free account in order to access the video sessions.
- SCETV, PBS Learning Media: Website that has interactive lessons (scroll down to the bottom half of the page)
- PebbleGO by Capstone: Website that provides e-books and e-learning opportunities for free. PebbleGo is a curricular content hub specifically designed for K-3 students. Packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities, it boosts engagement and fosters independent learning in core subject areas. A parent will need to sign up for free access.
- Readtheory.org: Website that has free reading passages and comprehension questions in an engaging format. Parents will need to sign up for a free account.
- StoryOnline.net: well-known actors reading aloud many favorite books. There are also some curriculum materials for each book.
- The Magic School Bus: allows access through SCDISCUS to all of the Magic School Bus videos focusing on a large number of science standards elementary through high
- Raz-Kids.com: is a digital resource that provides a library of differentiated books students can use to practice reading
- Learn360: is a resource available through SCDISCUS with resources, games, and videos for all students K-12 and all subjects.
- LearningA-Z.com: is an online K-5 reading program that adapts to the needs of the individual student. It is self-paced, which makes it ideal for at-home practice.
- ClassroomMagazines.com: Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, with their families, or with their teachers. Just find your grade level and let the learning begin!
- Khan Academy Kids Apple App: Completely free, forever. Children can learn reading, language, writing, math, social-emotional development, problem-solving skills, and motor development. Open-ended activities and games like drawing, storytelling, and coloring encourage creativity and self-expression. A cast of adorable animal characters will guide children through lessons, and our adaptive learning path will customize their experience to help them master different skills.
- Tumblebooks: online access to a very large number of books read professionally with the illustrations from each book provided through SCDISCUS