Since 1946, more than $19 million in scholarships has been awarded to outstanding NHS senior members. The scholarship program is supported by the parent organization of NHS, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
The 2021–22 NHS Scholarship application process will open on Friday, October 1. Eligible senior NHS members must have a verified NHS student account in order to apply for the scholarship. Learn more about student accounts and review our FAQs.
- NHS Scholarship application process opens: Friday, October 1, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (ET).
- NHS Scholarship deadline: Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
- Award selection notification: April 2022 (nonrecipients will be notified after the acceptance deadline).
- Scholarship acceptance or deferral request deadline: June 1, 2022
- Scholarship disbursement: Early August 2022.