Since 1946, more than $19 million in scholarships has been awarded to outstanding NHS senior members. The scholarship program is supported by the parent organization of NHS, the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
The 2022–23 NHS Scholarship application process will open on Monday, October 3. Eligible senior NHS members must have a verified NHS student account in order to apply for the scholarship. Learn more about student accounts and review our FAQs.
- NHS Scholarship application process opens: September 19, 2022 at 9:00 a.m. (ET).
- NHS Scholarship deadline: November 30, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. (ET)
- Award selection notification: March 30, 2023 (nonrecipients will be notified after the acceptance deadline).
- Scholarship acceptance or deferral request deadline: June 1, 2023
- Scholarship disbursement: Early August 2023.