Welcome to the AHS Learning Commons / Media Center
Media Specialists: Leslie Bradley and Sandra ZellerThe Aiken High School Learning Commons / Media Center functions to support and assist the educational community by creating a foundation for lifelong learning. It accomplishes this by providing an updated collection of over 13,000 print and digital materials that support and enrich the curriculum for roughly 1,300 students and 90 faculty members.
Our staff is committed to making our center your teen's favorite place in the school!
Our goal is to provide the very best young adult literature to get (or keep) your teen "hooked on reading."
We make recommendations for specific reading materials for each individual.
Students learn research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs through collaboration and innovative projects both in house and online.
We work with classroom teachers to help them find materials especially suited to the individual interests and abilities of your teen.
Activities stressing digital citizenship, helping students make safe and ethical decisions when using the Internet.
Teens have access to e-books and audio books via our circulation system, Destiny!
We offer a "maker-space" to teens who are interested in exploring a wide variety of topics.
Other Resources We Offer:
- Destiny Online Catalog (Click the link for help searching the Online Catalog)
- SC Discus Great resources site
- Online Books:
- FollettShelf e-books for Aiken High (Directions for Using Follette eBooks) FollettShelf eBooks work off your school student user name and password.
- MackinVia e-books for Aiken High (Directions for Using MackinVia eBooks) MackinVia eBooks work from a school account which cannot be published here. Please ask your English teacher or your Library Media Specialists for the user name and password.
- AHS Online Reference Books - References for nearly every topic imaginable.
- SCOIS now called CIS, the SC CIS (Career Information System)
- Other research resources
- Research Assistance in Person and Online for Projects
- Literacy Links:
Degrees and Certifications:
Master's of Library Media: University of West Alabama
Mrs. Leslie Bradley
I am so excited to begin my 26th year in education and my 1st here at Aiken High School. I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Presbyterian College and my Master's degree in Library Media from University of West Alabama. In my spare time I enjoy reading, crafting, camping, and am in the process of a skoolie conversion!!
I look forward to a wonderful school year!!!
Phone: 803-641-2500, ext. 18069
Degrees and Certifications:
BS, Business Management MS, Library Media Online Teaching Endorsement PLTW Gateway
Mrs. Sandra Zeller
I am so excited to be a part of the Hornet Team! I am in my 8th year of education within Aiken County and my 1st year here at AHS. I earned my Bachelor's degree in Business Management from the University of North Florida and my Master's degree in Library Media from the University of West Alabama. I am a huge Disney fan, and I love to read (especially young adult literature), cook, and eat!