Welcome to the AHS Library Media Center
Library Media Specialists: Amy Conkelton & Malynda Young
- Links to our:
- Literacy Links
- Our 2018 summer reading list will be posted in May. Want to know what to expect for summer reading as you decide which course to take? View our 2017 Summer Reading List
United Through Reading Program Information
The first page of the Family Literacy Calendar looks upside down at first glance because publishers designed it to be folded in half with a front and back design. Scroll down to see the "front."
- Literary Lunch Bunch Dates and News
- Reading Programs
- Our Hornet Reading Record (for everyone: students, faculty, and staff)
- The "I am Reading" page for inside classrooms and offices
- SCASL's Young Adult Book Award Nominees for this year
- Book Fair News
Professional Development Opportunities for Teachers and Staff
- ACIRA, Aiken Council of the International Literacy Association...Join Here!
- SCIRA, South Carolina State Council of the International Literacy Association
- SCIRA Fall Literacy Workshop: Dates Coming Soon! Check www.scira.org
- Once they are posted, scroll down for info. and the PDF registration form.
- SCIRA State Reading Conference: Dates Coming Soon!
- ILA, International Literacy Association
This year, we challenge EVERYONE to read 40 books! That averages to 10 books a quarter. You can read any format, any genre, any length, anything! Keep track of your reading on this AHS Reading Record Form and give the list of your accomplishments this year to Ms. Conkelton by Friday, May 18, 2018. We hope you'll get more than 40 books read, but keep track this school year, and submit your list no matter how long it is. Reading for courses counts, too.