Volunteers are a vital part of building relationships between schools, parents, community members, and business partners, while adding value to the educational experience of Hammond Hill students. Anyone wishing to volunteer at our school must undergo a criminal background check every two years and renew their training each year. A clear background check is required. A National Sex Offender Registry Check is required of all volunteers (and school visitors).
Volunteer opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Chaperones for school field trips, & sporting events
- Booster Club, PTA Officers
- Athletic coach assistants
- Mentors, tutors, test monitors, class assistants
- Lunch buddy, media assistant, office volunteer
Applying is as easy as 1-2-3! For online access to the training and forms use the following links:
- Complete the online training: Video format (6 minutes) or PowerPoint presentation
- Complete the volunteer application and sign the Volunteer Expectations Acknowledgement form.
- Submit the completed and signed forms along with a copy of your picture ID to the volunteer coordinator & school counselor, Karen Robin.
No printer? No problem! You may pick up volunteer forms at the front office or email Ms. Robin at email@example.com to request paper copies.
If you prefer to take the training in person, you may attend a training on any of the following dates:
Friday, Sept 29th at 8:00 a.m.; Friday, Dec 1st at 8:00 a.m.; Friday, March 22nd at 8:00 a.m.
To register for an in-person training please use this online form- Volunteer Training Registration
Our volunteer coordinator can be reached by calling (803) 442-6170 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org to help answer any questions concerning your volunteer application.