WELCOME TO WAGENER-SALLEY HIGH SCHOOL'S COUNSELING DEPARTMENT
Welcome to the counseling department at Wagener-Salley High School! The goal of our department is to provide a comprehensive developmental school counseling program for our students. The program is designed to address the needs of all students by helping them acquire competency in career planning, interpersonal growth, and educational development. As counselors, our goal is to enable each student to become a responsible, self-sufficient, productive, contributing member of the community. Our efforts in these areas for our students are a part of a collaborative model that includes our parents, teachers and administrators, in the process.
COUNSELING AND CAREER UPDATES
Information on:-How to talk to your child about COVID-19 (articles, books, etc.)-Updated information, operating hours, procedures for accessing local mental health centers-AP, ACT, and SAT updates-Class of 2020 reminders (FAFSA, etc.)-SEL Activities to do at home-Tips for managing stress and anxiety-Career Resources to do at home-Virtual college tour sites-Free online tutoring resource*Click on the link below for the latest information
Specific services that WSHS counselors provide are as follows:
We invite parents to allow our school counseling department to be a point of contact to discuss any concerns you may have involving your child’s performance at school.
- individual and group counseling
- classroom lessons in the areas of educational, personal/social and career information
- facilitate and coordinate parent teacher conferences
- provide assistance for parents and students with support and informative activities to aid in the transition process from middle to high school and from high school to beyond.
- regular communication and parenting information through the our web page or school email.