Dropping Off and Picking Up Students
To insure the safety of all our students, please follow these procedures when dropping-off and picking-up your child at Kennedy Middle School:
- Parents should drop-off students between 7:30 A.M. and 8:00 A.M. NO SUPERVISION IS PROVIDED FOR STUDENTS PRIOR TO 7:30 AM.
- Use the designated circular drives in front of the main building around the side of the school (FRONT CAR LINE) or the area behind the gymnasium (BACK CAR LINE) to drop off and pick-up students. These areas were designed with our students' safety in mind.
- Parents are not allowed to drop or pick up students in the front parking lot or the unpaved lot to the right of the building unless the parent is parking and entering the building.
- Students may not be dropped off at the flagpole in front of the main entrance.
- Students are not to be dropped off or picked up in the bus area. No personal vehicles are allowed.
- Parents should pick-up students in the afternoon between 3:10 P.M. and 3:25 P.M. This is important for student safety.
- Students who walk to and from school must cross at the crossing guard only. Walkers must be off campus by 3:20. Students are not allowed to return to campus once they leave campus.
- Be alert to other cars and students any time you are driving on campus; please adhere to the maximum speed limit of 10 mph.