Degrees and Certifications:
Ms. Jamie Davis
Welcome to Kindergarten! This is my 15th year teaching! Mrs. Wilson is my instructional aide. Kindergarten is a special time for your child, and we have lots of fun things planned. I have been planning and working a lot this summer to provide a wonderful hands-on environment for your child. Please read the following information carefully so that your child does not miss out on anything. Please feel free to contact me if you have questions.
PE day will be on Monday and Fridays. On these days your child has to wear tennis shoes. They will not get to play if they don’t wear tennis shoes.
Please be prompt for school (be in the stage area before 7:20 am). 5K will be in the stage area from 7:00-7:20, and then we will eat breakfast in cafeteria.
If your child is absent from school, please send in a written, dated excuse. Your child MUST be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- We must have a working phone number for you or someone responsible for the child in case of emergency. Let us know if your number changes.
- Please make sure that money is sent in an envelope marked with your child’s name and his/her teacher’s name. Please also write on the envelope what the money is for. Money envelope and all notes should be placed in the side pocket of your child’s Daily Folder. We look for money envelopes and notes in the side pocket of your child’s Daily Folder. Please sign the calendar that will be in the folder every night!
- We will begin sending home flash cards this week: numbers 0-20 and letters. These are to be kept in the zipper pouch at ALL times. We will be sending home all upper and lower case letters. Sight word cards will be sent home starting next week as they are introduced in class. This year your child will have homework assignments to help them practice what we learn in class and to teach them responsibility for doing the work and returning it to class the next day. Your child will have reading, math, and writing homework. All of our homework will be listed on a monthly homework sheet that will remain in your child’s homework folder in a plastic sleeve. Sometimes I will put additional homework in the plastic sleeve in the folder. Do not do the homework for your child, but guide them into doing the work on their own. Be sure to set aside a time each night to read with your child. It is the greatest gift that you will ever give to them. Turn off the T.V. and spend quality time with your child. You will be surprised at the difference that time can make.Email:
- email@example.com Phone Numbers:
- I look forward to a wonderful school year! It will take all of us working together to help your child be successful in school. Please practice the numbers, letter cards and sight word cards daily. If your child already knows all of the letter cards, please begin practicing the sounds using the letter cards.