SENIOR ANNOUNCEMENT (updated 5/4/20)
Hello my happy seniors!! Put the pencils down and do this instead. During a "normal" school year, the last assignment my seniors do is to write a full page that tells me what they liked and/or didn't like about my class. So instead of doing the 3rd packet for Earth Science, do that. You can turn it in by May 13th or just email it to me. You can even take a pic of it and email it to me if that is easier. Please call or email me if you have any questions. And pass this on to those who may not be checking their email or announcements.
Announcement Updated 4/27/20
Hello Earth Science Peeps!!!
This is the last week for Packet 2. Please contact me via email or phone (339-0603) if you have ANY questions. This packet will be turned in on Friday when you come to get your new/last packet. Also, if you haven't turned in Packet 1, please do so ASAP. Please, please, please put your name on your packets. (I have 2 senior packets right now with no name on them). Hope you are all safe and healthy and practicing social distancing!!
Link to PHASE 2 Learning Packets: https://www.acpsd.net/Page/41749
PACKET 2 (updated 4/15/20)
Hi Everyone....I hope you are all well and practicing social distancing, washing hands, and getting your work completed. If you picked up Packet 2, you know that the textbook pages are included in the Earth Science portion. You may still use Schoology and/or email to submit work; or you can wait and turn in a paper copy at the end of the quarantine period. You may have noticed some Gizmos that you will be responsible for...I have them ready for you to do at Explorelearning.com (thanks to Trey). If you forgot your username and password, you can email me, but the easiest way to access the Gizmos is by using this: User Name: AHS468 Password: pop468
If you have any issues, questions, comments, or just lonely, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call me at 803-339-0603. I am available daily from 9-11am and 1-3pm. Remember, do the packet and get your grade. This could really boost some of your final grades so take advantage of this opportunity. Hope to see you all soon!! L.Boswell
Week 2 Information
Hope all is well with you and your families.
Week 2 packet is more project-based, so just do the best you can with what you have.
1. Read the instructions carefully. Use your textbook on Clever as a resource (UN: student id #, PW: 8-digit birthday). If you cannot access the textbook consistently online, you can come to the school and check one out anytime during the week, M-F.
2. To access the clay recipe, click on the link and then click on the title. It should take you to a webpage with the recipe. If you cannot make the clay, you can buy some, but please take special precautions when at the store - practice social distancing and wash your hands very well.
3. Do the best you can with the mini-lab and calculations. Answer the questions the best you can. I will grade leniently.
4. Read the directions for the Dinosaur Fossil Puzzle very carefully and answer questions to the best of your ability.
5. The Expedition product will be a brochure. Luckily, we have experience doing brochures, so I am confident you will submit an awesome product. The instructions ask for a digital photo. If you know how to do that and have the capability, then yay! But a drawing will suffice for this part of the brochure. Please go through the rubric to double-check that you have included everything in the brochure.
I have seen a couple of completed brochures from students and they look marvelous!! I can't wait to see you all again and look forward to seeing your brochures!
If you have any questions about Week 1 or Week 2 packets, please don't hesitate to email me, email@example.com, or contact me through Remind.
BTW: A 15-day packet will be assembled this week and available for pick up after Spring Break. Dr. Holt will announce dates that old packets can be turned in (if not on Schoology) and new packets can be picked up.
Stay safe! Wash your hands! Social distancing!
Distance Learning Information
I will use Schoology at this point for distance learning. The link to Schoology is:
Once you are in schoology, you can access the work for your Earth Science class.
The textbook is available to you using the Redemption Code VF3G-XGG4-V9YO
Please let me know if you have any issues accessing any of the websites and/or posting your work on Schoology.
Hope you are all well.
If you do not have access to Microsoft Office on your computer, this is how you can get it for free:It is very easy to download MS Office.Login to Office using the email icon on our web pagesClick the user icon in the top right corner (mine has my picture there)Click My accountClick Install Office and follow instructions. (Email sent from M.Young 3/30/20)