Drop Off Times for Students
North Augusta Elementary does not open its doors until 7:00 a.m. to supervise children. Please do not leave your children outside the building before this time. Although school personnel may arrive a few minutes before 7:00 a.m., they are not available to supervise children. Therefore, we cannot accept responsibility for children left on school grounds before 7:00 a.m.
Car riders should not be dropped off at either entrance to the building prior to 7:00 A.M.
It is imperative that the drivers of the cars follow the one-way traffic pattern. Please do not park your car in an unauthorized zone. Should you need to come into the building before school or after school while other parents are loading or unloading children, please be considerate and do not block the line of traffic. Please park in the parking lot and cross the street at the designated crosswalk. State law requires all visitors to report to the office upon entering the school building. Therefore, no parent/guardian/visitor will be allowed to enter through the back P.E. entrance doors at any time.
Parents of car riders are encouraged to leave home early allowing ample time for their child to get to the classroom before the tardy bell rings.
All car riders, walkers, and bicycle riders should enter either through the double doors that enter the commons area next to the kindergarten pod or through the P.E. room.
Upon entering the building, students should report immediately to their respective pods with the assistance of the safety patrol or to the cafeteria if they are eating breakfast.
Students will exit school buses and enter the school through the cafeteria. Bus students not eating breakfast should report directly to their respective pods.
All bus changes must be approved by the transportation supervisor at 442-6106. Permanent changes (for the remainder of the year) must also be approved by the supervisor. All requests for changes must be made in writing with the following information given: (1) the child’s name and homeroom, (2) how the child was previously transported, and (3) the new bus number, the name and address of the person to whom the child will be going. Under no circumstances will a student be allowed to change buses without written notification from their parent or guardian and approval from the transportation office.
Second, third, fourth and fifth grade car riders should exit the building through the P.E. room each afternoon. Cars should have a YELLOW card displayed in the window with the names of the student(s) written on the front of it in order to pick up the children in the back car line. Kindergarten and first graders will be dismissed at the front of the building. Cars should have a BLUE card displayed in the window with the names of the student(s) written on the front of it in order to pick up the children in front car line. Second, third, fourth, and fifth graders who ride with someone picking up a kindergartner or first grader will be allowed to exit at the front of the building. You MUST have your blue or yellow card displayed in your car window in order to pick up your child in either car line. If you need additional cards for babysitters, grandparents, please pick them up in the office.
The faculty and staff of North Augusta Elementary are constantly striving to improve our traffic situation at arrival and dismissal times. By adhering to the following procedures we hope to make the parents better informed and thus able to maneuver in and out of traffic in a safer and more expedient manner. Although your child may ride a bus, please review these procedures so that you will be better informed.
1. Parents should not smoke cigarettes or talk on their cell phone when in the car line.
2. Please use PATIENCE. Please keep in mind that over 675 students are entering and exiting our building each day. Some wait time is inevitable.
3. Students must remain on the sidewalk.
4. Individuals must cross at the designated crosswalk. Adults must accompany students when crossing the crosswalk.
5. Parents must not drop off student in the parking lot. Students must be dropped off in the car line.
6. Parents should drive as close as possible to the curb when dropping off or picking up students. (If parents drive close to the curb, then our safety patrols will not have to step into the road.) Students are asked to walk behind the patrols, staying away from the curb.
7. Educate your child. Talk to him/her about the importance of traffic safety.
8. Pay attention to safety signs.
9. Students should be ready to get out of their car upon arrival at school. Bookbags, lunchboxes, etc., should be gathered up before you reach the safety patrol.
10. Help your child learn how to put on and take off their own safety belt so you will not hold up traffic doing it for them.
11. Cars should never be left unattended along the yellow marked curbs. If it is necessary for you to get out of your car, please park in the parking lot.