TRANSPORTATION (Bus and Car)
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures for Car Riders
- Please do not leave your children outside of the building prior to 7:00 a.m. Although school personnel may arrive prior to 7:00 a.m., they are not available to supervise children and therefore cannot accept responsibility for children left on school grounds prior to 7:00 a.m. As a rule of thumb, please wait for duty teachers to arrive at the Car Rider line before unloading your child/children.
- Car riders planning to eat breakfast should arrive before 7:25 a.m. Breakfast will not be served after 7:30 a.m. except to students arriving on late buses.
- Students arriving after 7:30 a.m. will be considered tardy. Students arriving after 7:30 must be walked into the front office by their parent or guardian and signed in via the “Hall Pass” system, which requires a driver’s license or other picture identification. Excessive tardy incidents could result in parents being placed on an attendance plan through the district.
- It is imperative that drivers follow the Car Rider pattern in the morning and afternoon. Do not delay students getting out of the cars or drop them off in the parking lot, which would require them to have to walk across traffic.
- Students must be picked up in the Car Rider line promptly between 2:30 and 2:40 p.m. Students picked up after 2:45 will be considered “late pick-up” and must be signed out in the office via the “Hall Pass” system. As with tardy incidents, late pick-ups could result in an attendance plan.
- Students may not be signed out of the office between 2:00 p.m. and 2:45 p.m.
Transportation changes: For student safety, transportation changes are not accepted over the phone. Parents MUST send a written note, or personally come to the school to change transportation. DO NOT email your child’s teacher or the office staff as email is not always checked throughout the day and a message may be missed.
School buses are provided by regulation for any student living 1 ½ miles or more from our school and as a courtesy to those less than 1 ½ miles as long as the state approves and funding is available. This does not apply to special needs students. Students should consider riding a bus as a privilege; if rules are not followed, it is a privilege that can be denied. See School District Policy JCDAD, Bus Policy, and the district’s Student Code of Conduct.
Only students registered with district Transportation Department with assigned bus stops will be permitted to ride the bus. Students will not be allowed to ride with friends if not assigned or to unassigned bus stops. If you have any questions please contact the Area One Transportation Office at 641-2507.
Arrival procedures: Students will exit school buses, entering the school through the cafeteria doors near the bus loop. Students in grades 4k and 5k will report to their classrooms prior to eating breakfast. Students in grades 1st – 5th will go directly to the cafeteria, pick up their breakfast and return to their designated classroom “holding area” to eat. Students are expected to follow all established rules of conduct while carrying out these procedures.