The safety of all children, teachers, and parents is a concern at Redcliffe Elementary School. In an effort to plan for the safety of all, we ask that you follow these rules:
• From 7:00 A.M. until 7:30 A.M., students are to enter the building in the morning using the double-red doors located near the cafeteria.
• The tardy bell rings at 7:30 A.M. and students are to use the double-red doors to the office to enter the building. They should go to the office to obtain a tardy slip.
• All students should be dropped-off and picked-up using the carline only. Please do not drop-off your child in the parking lot or wave for him/her to come to your car in the afternoons (This requires us to stop the carline and increases the chance of an accident).
• Please do not park in the “No Parking” zones. These are marked with signs and yellow paint.
• If you should need to come into the building with your child, please park in the parking lot and use the crosswalk to get to the walkway. Please wait for the crossing guard to stop traffic before crossing. Walking between cars is not a safe practice.
• In the carline, please do not exit your car while parked/waiting in the carline. The congestion of parents on the walkway makes it very unsafe for the children and difficult for the children to be supervised by the staff on duty.
Redcliffe Elementary Afternoon Car Line Procedures
To improve car line efficiency and safety, we have made some changes for the 2018-19 school year. Students will wait inside with their teacher for dismissal. In order to expedite this process, we are asking that you do the following:
- Enter the traffic circle the same way as you would in the morning. Please do not change lanes once you enter the traffic circle.
- Have your green car tag visible until your student is securely in your vehicle. If you do not have your car tag, please park in a visitor parking space, come in, and sign your student out.
- A teacher will be announcing your student's name on the radio to the teachers on the inside. Please remind your student to listen for their name so they will know which numbered pole to wait at.
- If your student needs additional time, please pull forward and park to prevent holding up the line.
- For your safety, and the safety of others, please do not pull out of the line.
- Please be alert and ready at all times.
By doing all of the above, we can keep the car line moving swiftly!
If you are unable to wait in the line, you may park in visitor parking, report to the office, and sign you student out after 2:30.
No sign-outs are allowed between 2:00-2:30.
Thanks for your cooperation!