What is a PTO?
A Parent Teacher Organization is a formal group comprised of parents, teachers and school staff to facilitate participation in school activities to benefit students. A PTO supports the educational goals of the school, extending these goals to the students.
What does a PTO do?
- Encourages volunteerism and getting involved in community events
- Hosts school functions for both parents and students to take part in
- Enhances school spirit among students and staff
- Provides teacher appreciation events
- Assists financially through fundraising efforts
Why is a PTO important?
A PTO promotes parental involvement by supporting their students, teachers and staff. A PTO can address issues that are important to parents and school administrators alike. A PTO can also assist in the overall success and well-being of each student.
President: Sarabeth Rooney
Vice President: Christy Spradley
Secretary: Penny Goggans
Treasurer: Tamara Feagin
The PTO works tirelessly to support the Gloverville faculty, staff, and students. Be sure to join to support your students and help make Gloverville Elementary the best it can be!