This year we are celebrating that "Reading Rocks!"
Mrs. Starks, media specialist, and Mrs. Still, media aide, welcome you to the media center. Teachers bring their classes to the library for research, technology, and information literacy lessons. All students are welcome to visit the library at any time with a pass from their teacher.
- Kindergarten students may check out one book.
- First through fifth grade students may check out two books.
- Parents may check out up to ten items at a time.
- Each book is checked out for a two-week period and may be renewed one time.
- Students are responsible for paying for lost or damaged books.
- Overdue fines are not charged.
Battle of the Books is a reading competition designed to improve reading and comprehension while building enthusiasm for reading using a fun and unique competition format. 4th and 5th grade students have the opportunity to participate. Students compete in teams of 5-6 to demonstrate their knowledge of 10 pre-selected books from the current South Carolina Children’s Book Award List.
Students will be invited to begin forming teams in the fall. School battles will take place in February or early March. The winning school team will go on to compete against other schools’ winning teams in the spring. Students interested in participating should see Mrs. Starks.