Appropriate and non-distracting attire shall be worn in the educational setting. This includes off-
campus activities such as field trips, performances and school-sponsored events.
• Skirts, shorts, and skorts must be at least three (3) inches below fingertips when standing,
arms extended at the student’s side. (leggings or tights do not substitute for length)
• Leggings/tights/thermal tights may only be worn under dresses, shirts, or skirts of the
appropriate length described above. Leggings or tights may also be worn under jeans that have
holes to cover skin.
• Clothing must cover undergarments.
• Pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts must be worn at the waist.
• Shoes, shirts, and pants must be worn at all times.
INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR ALL STUDENTS
• Hats, hoods on clothing or jackets, head scarves, bandanas, and sunglasses should not be worn
inside the building (this does not apply to designated spirit days assigned by the administration)
• Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops, and tops with string straps, unless covered by a shirt or blouse
• Bare midriffs and backs
• See-through garments
• Garments that have open holes higher than 3” below the fingertips, when
standing, UNLESS TIGHTS ARE WORN UNDER THEM, COVERING SKIN
• Leggings/jeggings and tights worn as pants
• “Sagging” pants, shorts worn below the waistline Underwear/shorts should not be showing
• Clothing/jewelry may not display alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substance advertisements.
• Clothing may not display vulgar writing or symbols that are sexual in nature or which illustrate
violence. Also, while the displayed message may not be obscene or profane, the message conveyed
may still be deemed inappropriate and students will be asked not to wear the clothing/jewelry.
• NO shoes with wheels and/or cleats inside the school building
• Flip Flops (refrain from wearing because of safety concerns)
NOTE: The administration will make the final judgment on the appropriateness of clothing and/or
appearance and reserves the right to prohibit students from wearing any articles of clothing or other
items which lead to or result in the disruption of or interference with the school environment and
student safety. In the event the administration determines a student’s dress is inappropriate for
school in accordance with this policy, the administration will either require the student to change
or will inform the student not to wear the garment to school again. Repeated violations of the Dress
Code will be addressed as outlined in the Student Code of Conduct.
Exemptions to the dress code may be made by the principal in certain religious or medical circumstances.