What is a PTO?
A Parent Teacher Organization is a formal group comprised of parents, teachers and school staff to facilitate participation in school activities to benefit students. A PTO supports the educational goals of the school, extending those goals to the students.
What Does a PTO Do?
• Encourages volunteerism and getting involved in community events
• Hosts school functions for both parents and children to take part in
• Enhances school spirit among students and staff
• Provides teacher appreciation events
• Assists financially through fundraising efforts
Why is a PTO Important?
A PTO promotes parental involvement by supporting their students, teachers and staff. A PTO can address issues that are important to parents and school administrators alike. A PTO can also assist in the overall success and well-being of each student.
Current PTO Officers
President: Heather Tamburello
Vice President of Volunteerism: Amy Oldenburg
Vice President of Fundraising: Monica Marinelli
Secretary: Dee Dee Ware
Treasurer: Ben Harm
Executive Board (Standing Committee Chairs)
Laura Masse- Father/Daughter Dance
Leslie McCord- Mother/Son Night
Lindsay McCraw- Cooke Dough Fundraiser and Boosterthon Fun Run
Jennifer Culpepper- Yearbook
Courtney Lebednik- Yearbook
Elizabeth Harm- School Spirit Wear
Alison Allen- School Registration/Blue Tickets
Jennifer Dalbec- Grandparents Day
Stacey Rose- Grandparents Day
Sarah Beth Gadus- Teacher Appreciation
Stephanie Dragano- Teacher Appreciation
PTO Accomplishments 2019-2020
- Basketball backboards and poles repainted. School logo added.
- 4 new Four Square Courts painted.
- Thank you to Sherwin-Williams for donating all the paint
- Thank you to Jim and Carla Beasley of Affordable Pressure Washing
- Leader in Me Training
- New Teacher Orientation
- Teacher's First Day Back
Flower Pots/Front Entrance
- Ashley Seawell
- Alison Allen
Meet the Teacher Event
- Yearbook, Tshirt, and Magnet Sales
- Parent Membership Signup Steady
- Provided CFA breakfast for Related Arts Team (first team with 100% PTO memberships)
Additional Membership Incentive
- Jeans passes for entire staff if every teacher signs up by Sept. 15th
Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kickoff
- Friday, September 27, 2019