Welcome to Freedman Early Learning Center
Creating a Passion for Learning and Achievement
At Freedman Early Learning Center, we strive daily to provide engaging learning experiences designed specifically for young children to increase their level of school readiness, all while making learning connections with parents and families.
Adult Education, English Literacy, or High-School
- Parent literacy training that leads to economic self-sufficiency
- Provide transition for parents into the work force or post-secondary education
Early Care and Education
- An age-appropriate education to prepare children for success in school and life experiences
- Incorporate Creative Curriculum
- Parents as Teachers
- Training for parents regarding how to be the primary teacher for their children and full partners in the education of thier children
- Interactive literacy activities between parents and their children
Early Learning Program Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 3:00pm
An Early Bird option for childcare will be available at no cost. Students may attend as an Early Bird student starting at 7:30am each day. If interested, a request form must be completed and returned to the office to reserve a spot with your child’s teacher. When Aiken County Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, the Freedman Early Learning Center will be closed also. Check local radio and television stations for updates on school closings.
The center will be closed on the following dates for district holidays and teacher workdays.
- September 4 (Labor Day Holiday)
- November 22 – 24 (Thanksgiving Break)
- December 20 – January 2, 2018 (Winter Break)
- January 15 and 19 (MLK Jr. Holiday and Teacher Workday)
- February 19 (President’s Day Holiday)
- March 23 and 30 (Teacher Workday and Good Friday Holiday)
- April 2 – 6 (Spring Break)
- May 28 (Memorial Day)
225 Aiken Road
P.O. Box 463
Graniteville, SC 29829
Phone: (803) 663-4204
Fax: (803) 663-4200
Early Learning Program Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
An Early Bird option for childcare will be available at no cost. Students may attend as an Early Bird student starting at 7:30am each day.
8:00 am to 5:00 pm