Phone: (803) 641-2600
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors in Science Science Education Certified 6th-12th grade WIN (What I Need) Time-2nd Part of Lunch
Mr. William Hobbs
Welcome to Environmental Science at South Aiken High School! This is my first year at SAHS and I am honored to have you in my science class, and I am excited about working with you and your child throughout the year. I believe that science is an extremely engaging and interesting subject. It increases our awareness and knowledge of the world around us and opens doors to new and exciting discoveries.
My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks.
My goal is to create a classroom learning environment to help your child:
- Develop a strong science vocabulary
- Build a solid foundation of science concepts and understanding
- Make connections between science and other academic areas
- Utilize technology to learn more about science
- Apply mathematics to problem solving
- Develop critical thinking skills and the ability to challenge assumptions, think creatively, and solve real-life problems
- Enjoy learning!
Because you are an integral part of your child’s education, I feel home to school communication is of vital importance. I hope to talk with each of you early this school year and continue in the future. I would also like to extend an invitation for you to contact me at any time. I can be reached via Email at email@example.com . You may all call me (803) 641-2600.