What is a PTO?
A Parent Teacher Organization is a formal group comprised of parents, teachers and school staff to facilitate participation in school activities to benefit students. A PTO supports the educational goals of the school, extending those goals to the students.
What Does a PTO Do?
• Encourages volunteerism and getting involved in community events
• Hosts school functions for both parents and children to take part in
• Enhances school spirit among students and staff
• Provides teacher appreciation events
• Assists financially through fundraising efforts
Why is a PTO Important?
A PTO promotes parental involvement by supporting their students, teachers and staff. A PTO can address issues that are important to parents and school administrators alike. A PTO can also assist in the overall success and well-being of each student.
Join Aiken Elementary’s PTO!
Like us on Facebook to stay up to date on events!
Upcoming PTO Events:
- March 4th- March 7th from 7:00 a.m. -7:25 a.m. Tickets on sale for Daddy Daughter Dance. $15 for parent & child ticket; $5 for each additional child. This event is open to Aiken EL students only. Thank you for your understanding.
- March 8th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. - Aiken EL Daddy Daughter Dance
- March 11th from 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Book Fair Family Night
- March 11th from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. PTO Meeting will be held in the cafeteria
March 20th from 4:00-8:00 p.m. - Marco's Pizza Night-Dine in, carry out or have your pizza & subs delivered! Whatever option you choose, the PTO will receive 10% of sales toward school projects!
Aiken EL T-shirts are on sale. Check out the information on the newsletter to get your shirt!
A HUGE THANK YOU…to parents, students & staff that donated during Boosterthon. We reached our goal so we will be getting several playground updates! We appreciate your support!
We also purchased soccer goals for the 1st-3rd & 4th- 5th grade playgrounds with funds from Boosterthon.
Join us for a Meeting:
MONDAY, March 11th from 6:00-7:00 p.m./PTO Meeting in the cafeteria
President: Cristi Williams firstname.lastname@example.org
VP: Ashley Greenwood email@example.com
Treasurer: Christy Bryant