My class will follow the three rotation model. It includes individual/small group instruction, independent reading/work, and the technology-based learning. Students will rotate to the next station every 15 minutes.
The following research-based curricula will be utilized in my learning strategies class:
- Moving with Math curriculum http://www.movingwithmath.com/
- Front Row (online) curriculum https://www.frontrowed.com/
- Reading Inventory
- Connecting Math Concepts
- Phonics for Reading
- Mobymax curriculum http://www.mobymax.com/
- Fastbridge https://auth.fastbridge.org
- Lexia https://www.lexiacore5.com/
Please follow links provided above for more information about each curriculum.
Procedures per Station:
1. Bring materials to your table
2. Participate with your group
3. Write in complete sentences.
4. Turn in completed work
5. Use a quiet (6 inch) voice.
1. Select a book at your range.
2. Read your book silently.
3. Complete your daily reading log.
4. Complete a graphic organizer or a quick writer.
1. Sit at your assigned computer
2. Put on your headphone.
3. Login into computerr and software. https://student.freckle.com/#/login
4. Complete the lesson.
5. Log out of the program.
For online station:
My students will use "Front Row" for Math and ELA lessons at their own ability level.
You may access this program in various ways:
1. Access the program online by following this link https://student.freckle.com/#/login
using Google Chrome as your browser, selecting "student sign in" at the top of the page.
2. Access the program on an iPad with the free app: frontrowed.com/app
Note: Your child will log in using his/her first and last name as well as our class code.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for your child's code.