Mathematical Overaching Concepts and Students Outcomes:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason both contextually and abstractly.
- Use critical thinking skills to justify mathematical reasoning and critique the reasoning of others.
- Connect mathematical ideas and real-world situations through modeling.
- Use a variety of mathematical tools effectively and strategically.
- Communicate mathematically and approach mathematical situations with precision.
- Identify and utilize structure and patterns.
Quarter 1: The Number System: Rationa and Irrational Numbers, Laws of Exponents; Data Statistics and Probability: Matrices
Quarter 2: Expressions, Equations, Inequalities, Linear and non-Linear Functions
Quarter 3: Systems of Equations, Geometry: Congruence, Similarities, Pythagorean Theorem and Transformation
Quarter 4: Geometry: Volume, Surface Area, Data: Two-way Tables, Scatter Plots
Quarter I Benchmark Test will assess: Rational and Irrationals Numbers, Estimating and Comparing Irrational Numbers, Conversion of decimals, fractions, and percent, Laws of Exponents and Scientific Notation.
Quarter II Benchmarks Test will assess: Proportions, linear equations and inequalities, slopes with similar triangeles, functions, and linear and non-linear functions.
Quarter III Benchmark Test will assess: transformations, congruent figures, Pythagorean Theorem, distance formula, volume, and surface areas of geometric shapes.