Read180 Universal and System44 is a reading intervention program for students who are below grade level in reading (as indicated using criteria such as the MAP test). This program uses Lexile Framework, a system that evaluates both reading ability and text difficulty. Students enrolled in Read180 or System44 are pulled out for one hour of reading intervention each day. The program’s 40-50 minute class consists of teacher-led small group instruction, and instructional software. Students can show tremendous growth on MAP tests, benchmark tests, and ELA grades with the help of this program.
A student must be on their best behavior in order to maximize their success in this program. Parents will be notified of misbehavior through email, phone call, and/or note home. If a student constantly misbehaves, they may be removed from Read180 or System44.
System44 ~ Read180 Classroom Expectations:
Instructional Software (20 -25 min):
- Log into the computer quickly.
- Work on the computer independently and quietly without distracting others.
- Use materials (keyboard, microphone, monitor, headphones, mouse) carefully.
- Work on the software for at least 15 min. a day.
Small Group Instruction with Ms. Meade (20 - 25 min):
- On time.
- Listen actively and follow directions quickly.
- Pay attention during instruction.
- Respectful to peers and teacher.
- Share materials when appropriate.
- Participate in small group lessons.
- Complete assigned work with accuracy and care.
- Complete assignments in a timely matter.