Ai Applications and Registration
Students and Parents,
Aiken iNNOVATE has some available seats and, for the first time, will open up applications for students who would like to consider virtual learning starting in Semester 2 (January 4th, 2024). Space is limited! Students must be eligible to participate. Applications for Semester 2 will open on October 16, 2023.
Students are considered eligible if they are in good academic standing. This is determined by grades and attendance. We consider students who are passing all classes and who are attending school regularly eligible for the Aiken iNNOVATE program.
What do I need to consider for my child to attend Aiken iNNOVATE?
- Live Sessions
- Students must be able to attend live sessions. Instruction is the most important part of teaching. If students cannot fully attend live instructional sessions, this program is likely not a good fit.
- Internet Access Required
- We do not provide internet hotspots for any student. Families are responsible for providing internet access for their students.
- Home Learning Coach
- There needs to be someone at home who is designated to monitor student progress and assist as the liaison between Aiken iNNOVATE staff and the students. Most students, especially younger grades, do not have the experience, skill, and maturity to troubleshoot technology, seek help from teachers and admin, or advocate for themselves. The amount of direct support required by the Home Learning Coach may be different for each family.
- Orientation Required
- Students and Learning Coaches (parents) are required to attend orientation before the student can begin the program. Orientation will be held on January 3. Specific times will be sent to students who are accepted to participate in the program. Failure to attend orientation will result in your child being denied the program.
- Student Workstation
- Students should have a designated workstation where distractions are minimal. While student workstations will look different depending on each unique setting, families need to consider removing access to screens, siblings, pets, etc. Students need to have a setting that allows them to fully attend all live sessions that occur between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Testing and Technology Support
- Middle and high school students are required at times to come to our campus for testing. Sometimes, student devices will need maintenance or repairs and will need to be taken to our technology department. Parents will need to be able to provide transportation at these times.
For more information about our program, please view our webpage, read over our handbook on our Ai Expectations page, and look on our social media pages. We are on Facebook, Instagram, and X (Formerly Twitter).
How do I apply for Aiken iNNOVATE, starting on January 4, 2024?
Starting on October 16, 2023, students can apply to participate in Aiken iNNOVATE starting on January 4th, 2024. To obtain the application, please make an appointment with your counselor to determine if your schedule is compatible with Aiken iNNOVATE. Since we can't offer all the classes students may need, some students may not be eligible to attend, while others will need to consider asynchronous courses through the ACVA program. Your counselor will be able to advise you on which courses you should take.
When the student meets with their counselor, they will complete the Aiken iNNOVATE Request form. The form must be read and signed by the parent and returned to the counselor. Once the application is completed, Aiken iNNOVATE administration will review eligibility and will contact you regarding your child's acceptance by the second week in December.
If you complete an application for Aiken iNNOVATE, but then change your mind, please let your counselor know so you can be removed from the list. Once a student is accepted to Aiken iNNOVATE and courses begin, they will need to remain a virtual student until the end of the year.
If your child does not currently attend an Aiken County Public School, but you are interested in transferring to Aiken iNNOVATE, please reach out to us directly at Ai@acpsd.net before November 10, 2023, to be considered for a January 4th start date.
How do I apply for Aiken iNNOVATE for the 2024-2025 school year?
Currently, we are not accepting applications for the 2024-2025 school year. Please check back in December for information on the application process for Aiken iNNOVATE for 2024-2025.
- Live Sessions