What is a PTO?
A Parent Teacher Organization is a formal group comprised of parents, teachers and school staff to facilitate participation in school activities to benefit students. A PTO supports the educational goals of the school, extending those goals to the students.
What Does a PTO Do?
• Encourages volunteerism and getting involved in community events
• Hosts school functions for both parents and children to take part in
• Enhances school spirit among students and staff
• Provides teacher appreciation events
• Assists financially through fundraising efforts
Why is a PTO Important?
A PTO promotes parental involvement by supporting their students, teachers and staff. A PTO can address issues that are important to parents and school administrators alike. A PTO can also assist in the overall success and well-being of each student.