Student Thematic Program options are impressive with East Aiken School of the Arts as a nationally-recognized arts-infused elementary magnet school, and the additions of world language immersion at Belvedere Elementary School (Mandarin Chinese), Clearwater Elementary School (Spanish) and Millbrook Elementary School (German). Space is filling up quickly in these specialized academic programs and families are able to request acceptance as an option during registration. Please register as soon as possible to reserve your child's space.
Additional information on Thematic Programs is available here.
Registration for first time Kindergarten students is open now. We are so excited to welcome your child to Aiken County Public Schools and we look forward to making registration and you and your child’s transition to our public schools as simple as possible!
Registration will be completed online and parents/guardians will need an active email address in order to register their child. Various companies provide email accounts at no cost.
Our school zone locator will automatically default to the school your child will attend based on the home address entered.
What You Will Need to Register Your Kindergarten Student
Prior to beginning the registration process, you will need to collect a few documents, including:
- Your child’s birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency Documents (2)
You may choose to scan the document (.doc or .pdf) or upload an image (photograph in .jpg or .png format) of the required documents. Please note that a copy of your child’s Birth Certificate and Immunization record must also be submitted in person to your child’s school prior to the first day.
You will be asked to upload two proof of residency documents. Acceptable documents include the following:
- Mortgage contract or statement
- SC Driver's License or ID Card
- Property Tax bill or Receipt
- Utility Bill (electric, water or gas)
- Cable/satellite, Internet or telephone bill
- Homeowners/renters Insurance policy
- Notarized Letter from Landlord
You will also be asked to enter the name of your child’s pediatrician and dentist, along with their telephone numbers and addresses. Family members and friends to call on in an emergency will also be requested. You may enter up to five emergency contacts.
Interested in having your 5K student participate in one of our Thematic Programs?
1. Please review the information at the left about our Arts Infused Magnet School – East Aiken School of the Arts, or our new Language Immersion Programs at Belvedere Elementary (Mandarin Chinese), Clearwater Elementary (Spanish), or Millbrook Elementary (German).
2. If interested, you will be able to select the program of your choice as part of the application process.
3. There is limited space in the thematic programs. Sign up early to claim your spot.
*Please note that if you are not zoned for the Thematic Program of your choice, you will have to provide transportation for your child to and from the school.
Emergency Contacts/Bus Escorts
While in our District learning is certainly important, the safety of your children is our highest priority. Any student riding the bus in grades PK-Grade 2 must be met by an adult after school at the bus stop. Students grade 2 and lower will not be left at a bus stop alone. An exception to this rule can be made if a kindergarten student will be riding a bus and getting off at the bus stop with an older sibling (grade 3 or higher). You will be asked to identify up to five individuals who may meet your child at the bus. You will need to list their names and a contact telephone number for each.
Ready to Register?
When you are ready to begin registration, please access this link to set up an account and register your student.
Why do families need an e-mail address to create their account?
E-mail will be the method for all major communications between Aiken County PowerSchool Registration and your family. These communications include the new account creation e-mail and the submission confirmation e-mail.
Why do families need to create an Aiken County PowerSchool Registration account?
Having families store their child’s and family’s information within a secure account ensures the security of that information. In addition, as your child progresses to subsequent grades in our District, you’ll create a PowerSchool Parent Portal account that will allow you to view transportation information, attendance and other pertinent information about your child’s education.
When I click on the registration link, what information appears?
You will be presented with the following screen. For new Kindergarten registration, you will click on “Create Account” to begin the registration process.
What if I forget my password?
Retrieving a password can either be done online or by contacting the PowerSchool Registration Support Team directly.
1. To retrieve a password online, the family can select the “Forgot Password” link on the Account Sign In screen. From there, you will enter the account’s associated e-mail address and be able to either recover a temporary password sent to your e-mail address, or you may choose to answer the security questions online and immediately enter a new password.
2. The PowerSchool Registration Support Team will be able to send a temporary password to the account’s e-mail address, or, after answering the security questions, will be able to change the password on the account.
Whom should I contact if I need help in setting up the registration account?
Please contact the PowerSchool Registration Support Team at 866-434-6276 for questions regarding account set-up or your child’s school for any school-related questions.