WELCOME TO SOUTH AIKEN'S FINE ARTS DEPARTMENT PAGE
- The Arts teach a diverse and transferable set of learning skills.
- Arts courses enable learners to be creative in their approach to problem solving and to visualize concepts in new ways.
- Rigorous, comprehensive, and sequential arts programs based on the 2017 South Carolina Visual and Performing Arts Standards provide a foundation for college and career opportunities.
- The 2017 South Carolina Visual and Performing Arts Standards set achievable, measurable goals to build knowledge and skills necessary to prepare learners for the future workplace.
- Artistic processes develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills as learners create, refine, and reflect on their work and the works of others.
- Through collaborative arts experiences, learners acquire skills necessary to communicate effectively as part of a team.
Life and Career Characteristics
- Learning in the arts through history and culture broadens global perspectives.
- Rigorous quality arts experiences require learners to persevere through experimentation, repetition, and mastery of their arts discipline.
- The arts require learners to be disciplined, dedicated, and demonstrate a strong worth ethic.