District Title I Plan Summary
Activities for 2019-2020
The distribution of Title I funds to a school is based upon the number of students in the school who qualify for subsidized meals. For the 2019-2020 school year, Aiken County Public Schools allocated 5.2 million dollars to thirty-two public schools. These resources were distributed to schools where needs are the greatest and in amounts sufficient to make a difference in the improvement of instruction.
The portion of Title I funds not allocated to schools is expended on district-wide Title I activities to assist in improving the instructional program in all Title I schools and to ensure that the schools and the district continue to be in compliance with Title I regulations. If you have questions regarding the Title I Plan for district-wide activities, please contact Kristy Cansler, Director of Federal Programs.
District-Wide Title I Expenditures for 2019-2020
The Title I legislation includes provisions for all children to meet the state’s proficient and advanced levels of student academic achievement by the end of the 2019-2020 school year. To assist in reaching this goal, the activities listed below are included in the District’s Title I plan, which was jointly developed by the members of the district’s Title I planning team.
- Employ Title I coordinators to assist schools with fulfilling program planning, implementation, and Title I legislative requirements
- Provide nine student service workers to serve as liaisons between the home and school
- Provide a parenting coordinator and secretary to work at Freedman Parenting Center
- Provide funds for homeless students
- Provide reading interventionists in the highest poverty elementary schools