North Augusta Elementary School Book Clubs
100 Book Club
This program was designed specifically to encourage our students in grades kindergarten through second to read. Students who read 100 books will receive a small incentive and a certificate of accomplishment.
- Read 100 books.
- Books read during the summer do not count toward the 100 Book Club requirements.
- After each book is complete, list the title of the book on the Hundred Book Club sheet, (please number books), date it, have parents initial.
- After Hundred Book Club sheets are completed, they should be given to the Media Specialist. The Media Specialist will give each new member a small incentive when they read the 100 Book Club level.
- Two Hundred Plus Book Club members will receive a certificate of accomplishment for each new level from the Media Specialist.
Page Master Reading Program
This program is specifically designed for our students in grades three through five as a means of encouraging good reading habits.
Each grade level sets the criteria for becoming members of this club. Members receive a Page Master certificate, and other incentives based upon availability.
After each book is read, the student lists the title of the books along with the number of pages that they have read. Students must total the pages and have parents/guardian initial the sheet of paper before turning it into the media specialist.
Grade Level Goals
Third Grade - 3,000 pages
Fourth Grade - 4,000 pages
Fifth Grade - 5,000 pages
Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club
The more you read and think about what you have read, the better reader you become. In addition, when you write about something you read, your writing skills improve.
In order to promote a better connection between reading and writing for our students, Mrs. Morin (NAE Media Specialist) is proud to continue the Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club for the 2017 -2018 school year. The Dolphin Readers Respond (DRR) Book Club promotes reading and writing through student written response at all levels. Students are encouraged to participate by completing Dolphin Readers Respond Forms for their grade level on books they have read during the school year. All of the DRR Book Club forms can be found below.
Kindergarten – Second Grade:
Students are encouraged to complete their grade level DRR form in response to a book he/she has recently read. Parents can offer some assistance to students in Kindergarten and First Grade in completing their DRR Form. The goal is to have the student answer to the best of his/her ability all of the questions on the form. Students in Second Grade are encouraged to complete the form individually.
Please note that if the form is double sided, students will only complete the side appropriate for the book that they selected (fiction or non-fiction).
- Read book completely
- Complete grade level DRR Form
- Turn in the completed form to the Media Center.
Third – Fifth Grade:
Students are encouraged to write one complete paragraph in summary or response to what he/she has recently read. Students will use their Ways to Respond to Books handout for guidance in writing either a summary or a response.
1. Read book completely
2. Write either a summary or response paragraph using the Ways to Respond to Books as a guide.
3. Proofread your work and rewrite your paragraph so that it is legible.
4. Turn in your completed paragraph to the Media Center.
Dolphin Readers Respond Book Club Grade Level Goals and Rewards:
The Kindergarten students’ grade level goal is to complete is to complete 4 DRR forms and turn them in to the media center. After submitting to the media center, 4 completed DRR forms the student will receive a pencil and a certificate of goal met.
The First – Fifth Grade level goal is to complete 8 DRR forms and turn them in to the media center. After submitting to the media center, 8 completed DRR forms the student will receive a pencil and a certificate of goal met.