Purpose Statement: The purpose of Aiken Middle School is to educate students to be successful, self-sufficient seekers of new knowledge and citizens who are actively engaged in their community and the world.
Purpose: All students will be given the opportunity to achieve success at their highest level.
- All educators will promote student engagement in the classroom in order for students to become invested learners who take ownership of their actions.
- The needs of all students will be met through differentiated instruction to ensure achievement, motivation, and success.
AMS 2017-18 STUDENT REGISTRATION will be held on August 8, 2017 from 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
FULL PAY REGISTRATION: $45.00
REDUCED REGISTRATION: $6.95
Full pay/Band: $60.00
Reduced Pay/Band $21.95
BAND INSTRUMENT RENTAL: $35.00
If the Student is brand new to Aiken County, please bring the following:
Two proofs of residency in the custodial parent’s name.
Accepted proofs of residency include:
- A current rental agreement, mortgage contract/statement, or property tax receipt (with the custodial parent’s name on the property)
- A current water or power bill with the service address listed (cable and internet bills will not be accepted).
- A copy of the student’s official state-issued birth certificate
- A copy of the student’s SC Immunization Record
*Parents of returning students will not need to provide proof of residency.
**NEW CAFETERIA FEES**
Breakfast = $1.75
Lunch = $2.60
District Partners With Family YMCA, Quest Zone to Offer Extended Day Programs at All Elementary Schools, Three Middle Schools in 2017-18
Programs to Provide Access, Equity and Accountability Across Aiken County
District Announces Truancy Intervention Program in Partnership with Solicitor J. Strom Thurmond, Jr., Aiken County Truancy Task Force
TIP an Added Preventative Measure to Ensure Aiken County Students Stay in School
District Office of Accountability and Assessment Announces Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for 2017-18 School Year
The Assessment Will Allow Teachers to Provide Better Service to Students
District's Graduating Class of 2017 Featured 1,406 Graduates and Academic Scholarship Total of Nearly $60 Million
Forty Percent of ACPSD Graduating Seniors Recognized as Honor Graduates