How To Enroll
We are pleased you have decided to enroll your child in an Aiken County Public School for the 2020-21 School Year. We are once again offering online student registration and are pleased to be able to continue this time-saving service to families.
Aiken County Public Schools will accept handwritten transcripts before the official transcripts arrive to ensure students are enrolled quickly. We aim to make the registration process as easy as possible for all families, especially those with unique relocation needs such as those relocating to our county for military service. We honor the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children.
As new students prepare for Registration/Enrollment, please gather the following documentation:
Certified copy of birth certificate
Two proofs of residency such as a current rental agreement, mortgage contract/statement, or property tax receipt
A current utility bill (water or power bills only)
These documents must be in the parent’s name.
New Student Registration: If your child is new to Aiken County Public Schools, please view the information for New Student Registration.
All information for Returning Student Registration is located below. Please note that returning students do provide proof of residency each year.
Returning Student Registration
Parent Portal: We ask that all parents establish a Parent Portal account. The Parent Portal account allows parents to create a single sign-on account where they can view all their student’s information in one area even if the students attend different schools. This includes registration, transportation information, grades and attendance. This year, all transportation information including bus numbers, pick-up times etc. will be available in your Parent Portal account prior to the start of school. Information on setting up a Parent Portal account has been sent home previously, if you need assistance in setting up a Parent Portal account please contact the school as this is the easiest way to register your student(s).
- Access your parent portal account at aiken.powerschool.com.
- Click on 19-20 Registration to the left of the screen under the navigation tab.
- When the next screen appears, please check the box and click on the green Begin Forms button.
- Please enter your student’s birthdate in mm/dd/yyyy format and click continue.
Registration Fees/Fee Payment
Based on your feedback, we are also pleased to introduce a new and more convenient way to pay fees online using e~Funds for Schools. One of the greatest benefits is that if you have more than one child in Aiken County schools, you may incorporate all of your students into one account and make one payment for registration fees, lunch fees or any additional fees for courses, yearbooks etc. School fees and lunch payments may be electronically withdrawn from your checking account or charged to your credit card, and you have the flexibility to make a payment at any time through the school's website. You are in full control of your account and can make a payment at any time that is convenient for you. The e~Funds for Schools site is secure and uses industry standard data encryption.
Check out our step-by-step, easy to follow parent guide to creating an e~Funds for Schools account.
We highly recommend that you establish an electronic checking option to your account so that regardless of the fee totals, you will only be charged a $1.00 processing fee regardless of the payment amount. Payments made by credit or debit card have a higher convenience fee ($2.65 per $100 payment amount.) The e~Funds for Schools service is offered to you by a third party service provider; the District does not request or keep records of family checking or credit card account information.
How does e-Funds for Schools work?
- Families set up and maintain their own logins, passwords, and payment preferences. Your account information is retained in a password-protected file.
- e~Funds for Schools will help to eliminate last minute check writing hassles, improve efficiencies, and help cut costs for both you and the school district.
- Online payments help eliminate the worry that your children could lose or forget the money intended for school items or that it might be spent on other non-school related items.
- Payments from a credit card or checking account may easily be set up. This “auto replenish” may be helpful for ensuring lunch money is always available.
- Parents/guardians may establish a recurring payment or opt to make a one-time payment.
- The program offers various types of payment to families that include but are not limited to school registration fees, instructional materials, field trip fees, yearbook fees, graduation fees, and, of course food service payments.
- Your payment history for the year is available with a click of the mouse.
Accessing e-Funds - A Step-by-Step Guide for Parents
You may access e-Funds through Parent Portal or at https://payments.efundsforschools.com/v3/districts/56348
- Click on Pay for Student Fees.
- Select Create an Account. You will be prompted to complete the following fields—User Name, Password, First and Last Name, E-Mail, Phone, Billing Address.
- Please enter your student’s last name and Powerschool number (lunch number included at the top of this document) and click Add Students. Your student will populate to the left. You will then click Continue on to Student Fees.
- Your student’s 2020-21 Registration Fees will automatically populate. You will click Begin Checkout to complete the process of paying your student’s fees.
Here are some important things to remember before you begin the online registration process:
- You will still need to provide two documents that provide proof of residency. Prior to beginning registration, please collect your proof of residency documents These documents can be scanned and uploaded during the registration process. Any PDF, Word, JPG, or picture file may be uploaded.
Families are encouraged to register in advance online. If you need support with registration, or if you should have any questions, please contact your school's office.
Thank you for your prompt attention in registering your child(ren) for the 2020-21 school year.