Welcome to Mossy Creek Elementary
Our VISION is to give all students a quality education by focusing on student learning and standards-based activities to prepare them to become productive citizens and life-long learners. We envision a school community that
MOTIVATES CHILDREN EVERYDAY
Mastering a mindset of growth
Encouraging academic excellence
Securing a safe, nurturing environment.
Our goal is keep our students motivated and encourage the role of becoming life-long learners; Challenge them to reach beyond the break; engage all students and be a center of excellence and build a strong belief in our learning community. We believe that
- Each child can learn.
- They are naturally curious and want to learn.
- Our parents are a vital piece and are important to the education of their children.
- An appreciation for cultural diversity contributes to society.
- We should provide a challenging academic curriculum and non-academic activities to promote a well-rounded student.
- Life skills and positive character traits are essential to becoming productive citizens of the community.
- Our should positively reflect the community in which we reside.
- We should consistently provide a safe and supportive environment for students, families, and staff.
- We should provide students with basic skills they will need to become self-motivated lifelong learners.
RESPECT: Learn It, Earn It, Return It
August 23 First Day of School @ 7:00 a.m.
Meet the Teacher
August 22 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
August 23 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Registration 2017-2018 School Year
August 8, 2017 * 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The following documents are required and will be needed to register your child. You must bring them with you on registration day:
Proof of Residency Documents (2 required in custodial parent or guardians name)
- 1 - A Current Water of Electric Bill
- 1 - A Current Mortgage Statement, Rental Agreement or Property Tax Receipt
- Birth Certificate (Official Copy)
- South Carolina Immunization Form
- SC Drivers License or Picture ID (must have same address as proofs of residency)
- Medicaid Card (4K Only)
- W-2 or Paystub (4K ONLY)
Elementary Schools Registration Fees
- $40 for full-pay meal students
- $6.55 for reduced price meal students
District Partners With Family YMCA, Quest Zone to Offer Extended Day Programs at All Elementary Schools, Three Middle Schools in 2017-18
Programs to Provide Access, Equity and Accountability Across Aiken County
District Announces Truancy Intervention Program in Partnership with Solicitor J. Strom Thurmond, Jr., Aiken County Truancy Task Force
TIP an Added Preventative Measure to Ensure Aiken County Students Stay in School
District Office of Accountability and Assessment Announces Kindergarten Readiness Assessment for 2017-18 School Year
The Assessment Will Allow Teachers to Provide Better Service to Students
District's Graduating Class of 2017 Featured 1,406 Graduates and Academic Scholarship Total of Nearly $60 Million
Forty Percent of ACPSD Graduating Seniors Recognized as Honor Graduates