What is a PTSO?
A Parent Teacher Student Organization is a formal group comprised of parents, teachers, students and school staff to facilitate participation in school activities to benefit students. A PTSO supports the educational goals of the school, extending those goals to the students.
What Does a PTSO Do?
- Encourages volunteerism and getting involved in community events
- Hosts school functions for both parents and children to take part in
- Enhances school spirit among students and staff
- Provides teacher appreciation events
- Assists financially through fundraising efforts
Why is a PTSO Important?
A PTSO promotes parental involvement by supporting their students, teachers, students and staff. A PTSO can address issues that are important to parents and school administrators alike. A PTSO can also assist in the overall success and well-being of each student.