The Schofield Middle School Library Media Center is open Monday through Thursday from 7:50 a.m. to 3:40 p.m, Friday 7:50 a.m. to 3:10 p.m.
Students may check out 3 books at one time for a 2-week period. Students may renew their materials for another 2 weeks to finish reading the texts. Students must bring the book that they wish to renew into the library in order to renew it.
Students will be charged overdue fines after three weeks; however, their borrowing privileges will be immediately suspended or restricted until the overdue materials are returned.
- A charge notice will be sent home at interims/report card distribution.
- If a book is lost or damaged, a replacement fee will be charged.
Visiting the Library Media Center
English Language Arts classes will be the predominant time for students to visit the LMC to check out and return books. Additionally, classes of all departments will have the opportunity to come in for media, digital citizenship, and research lessons.
To visit the library as an individual student, follow these procedures:
- Before or after school:
- No pass is necessary.
- After school, student pick-up must be pre-arranged with parent or legal guardian.
- As an individual:
- Bring a written pass from teacher with name, time, and objective.
- Bring teacher's Library Pass (2 per teacher).
- Sign in at login computer.
- Sign out when you leave the library and receive signed pass back to class.
Donate to Your Schofield Middle LMC
- Book Fair, once fall and spring term
- In the library for circulation support
- Amazon wishlist for general consumable supplies