The mission of Byrd Elementary School is to provide an education by highly qualified professionals that enhances accountability, respect, and self sufficiency through research-based instructional practices, parental involvement, and community support.
Byrd’s Fisher House Collection
The month of April is Military Child Month. During this month, we will seek to highlight our military families and seek to say “Thank You” for their service. We also will be doing a collection of items to support military families that stay at the Fisher House.
The Fisher House depends on donations from individuals and groups to support its programs. Donations will be collected at Byrd from April 12th – April 30th. The class with the most donations will win a doughnut party. We are collecting:
- Scrubbing bubbles, Sprayway Glass Cleaner, Lysol All-purpose cleaner (spray bottle), Lysol wipes, Lysol Disinfecting Spray, Pine-Sol, Fabuloso, All-Purpose Cleaner, Pledge Furniture Polish, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Toilet Bowl the tablets (It Works), Magic Erasers, Quick Shine Multi-Surface Floor Finish made by Holloway House, Stainless Steel Cleaner, Oven Cleaner (fume free),Leather Cleaner wipes, Comet and Toilet brush sets
- 20 Swifter Wet Mopping Pad Refills, 20 Swifter Sweeper Dry Wipes, 20 Swifter Duster Refill
- Paper towel & toilet paper
- Styrofoam cups 16 oz., paper napkins, paper plates, plastic utensils, to-go containers and paper plates
- Seasonal gift bags for (Memorial Day, July Fourth, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
- TWIN, FULL & QUEEN 100% cotton white sheet sets
- 10 Bargoose full bedding email: email@example.com
- White washcloths, White Hand towels, Bath towels & Bathmats
- Kitchen towels and Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Liquid Laundry Detergent (HE), Liquid Fabric Softener (not Downy), Oxi Clean stain remover and Bleach
- Antibacterial Hand Soap, Dawn Dish soap and Dishwasher Detergent packs
- Handmade Facemasks, First Aid Kits
- Regular sized Shampoo, Conditioner, Body wash and Bar Soap. Regular Size Men and Women Deodorant, Shaving Cream
- WATER bottled and soft drinks
- COFFEE: Individual dry coffee creamer in container, individual liquid coffee creamer, Sugar in canister (N’Joy), Splenda, and Sugar substitute.
- Canned soup,
- SNACKS: granola bars, peanut butter crackers, chips, pretzels, nuts, popcorn (individual wrapped in bags or boxes).
- Instant grits or oatmeal. (variety packs)
DISTRICT REMINDER REGARDING DO-NOT-PHOTO/VIDEO PARENT REQUESTS
Aiken County Public School District procedures regarding do-not-photo/video requests state that each new school year during the school registration process, parents who wish to “opt out” their children from participation in photo or video opportunities at school must submit that request in writing to the ACPSD Communications Department.
The letter should be addressed to Director of Communications Mike Rosier at 1000 Brookhaven Drive, Aiken SC, 29803. It should state which student or students they wish the request to include, as well as their home school location or locations.
PLEASE NOTE: If no letter is on file, students are automatically opted in for photo, video, and media opportunities in our schools as they arise.
We welcome parents who wish to opt their children out of all photos and videos to submit a letter to us at any point prior to the end of October.
Ms. Lowe currently serves as the assistant principal at Mossy Creek Elementary, and has completed the District's Leadership Academy.
District Celebrates Military-Connected Students and Families in April During Month of the Military Child
District and school events will be held all month in honor of Military-connected students and families during the Month of the Military Child.
Midland Valley High School Hosts First of Six District COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics to be Held in March
Future clinics will be held at Silver Bluff HS (3/16), Aiken HS (3/19), North Augusta HS (3/24), Wagener-Salley HS (3/26) and Ridge Spring-Monetta HS (3/30).
New-To-District Student and Kindergarten Registration, Pre-Kindergarten Application Window for 2021-22 Now Open
Registration can be completed online, and parents and guardians will need an active email address to register their child.
Excellent Eagles Photo Gallery
Attributes of Premier Students
For a closer look at the Attributes of Premier students in Aiken County Public Schools, click on the words "Attributes of Premier Students," or simply look around your school as we're sharing these attributes in a big way and posters and banners are everywhere!