APPROPRIATE AND NON-DISTRACTING ATTIRE SHALL BE WORN IN THE EDUCATIONAL SETTING. THIS INCLUDES OFF-CAMPUS ACTIVITIES SUCH AS FIELD TRIPS, PERFORMANCES AND SCHOOL-SPONSORED EVENTS.
- APPROPRIATE ATTIRE
- Skirts, shorts and skorts must be at least two inches below fingertip length or longer when standing (leggings or tights do not substitute for length)
- Clothing must cover undergarments
- Pants, shorts, skirts, and skorts must be worn at the waist
- Shoes, shirts and pants must be worn at all times
- INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE FOR ALL STUDENTS
- Hats, head scarves, bandanas, and sunglasses should not be worn inside the building (this does not apply to designated spirit days assigned by the administration)
- Tank tops, tube tops, halter tops and tops with string straps, unless covered by a shirt or blouse
- Bare midriffs and backs
- See-through garments
- Garments that have open holes higher than the knee
- Leggings/jeggings and tights worn as pants
- “Sagging” pants, shorts worn below the waist-line
- Clothing/jewelry may not display alcohol, tobacco, or controlled substance advertisements. Clothing may not display vulgar writing or symbols that are sexual in nature or which illustrate violence. Also, while the displayed message may not be obscene or profane, the message conveyed may still be deemed inappropriate and students will be asked not to wear the clothing/jewelry.
- Flip Flops (refrain from wearing because of safety concerns)
- HAIR STYLES AND COLORS
- All students are asked to refrain from hair styles/colors that are potentially distracting in a school setting (any action related to hair styles/colors is at the discretion of administration).
NOTE: The administration will make the final judgment on the appropriateness of clothing and/or appearance and reserves the right to prohibit students from wearing any articles of clothing or other items which lead to or result in the disruption of or interference with the school environment and student safety. In the event the administration determines a student’s dress is inappropriate for school in accordance with this policy, the administration will either require the student to change or will inform the student not to wear the garment to school again. Repeated violations of the Dress Code will be addressed as outlined in the District’s Behavior Code.