Our Vision for North Augusta High School:
To engage ALL students in the world class knowledge and skills needed to successfully realize their post-secondary goals through the development and implementation of relevant college and career readiness pathways.
· Our teaching should evoke curiosity and global awareness from students.
· Our speech and actions towards students and each other should come from a place of empathy.
· Our philosophies should involve a dedication to increasing students' sense of social wareness and social responsibility.
· Our practice should value both college and career paths and celebrate them equally.
· Although classroom learning is vital, experiential learning through internships, research and service learning enhances the academic setting and brings lasting knowledge.
Football Awards Ceremony
Attention Football Players and their Parents: The Football Awards Ceremony will be held on Sunday, January 29th at 5 PM in the cafeteria. We will recognize players from 9th grade, JV and Varsity teams. We are having a pot luck meal, and are asking parents to bring some type of side dish, as Coach Thomas will order chicken for this event.
Spring Sports Meeting
There will be a Spring Sports meeting for those parents whose children are trying out for spring sports on Monday, January 23rd at 6:30. We will cover some key items for eligibility and tryouts. Booster Club will also be present for a short presentation. We look forward to seeing you.
ACPSD Transition Fair
The first annual “ACPSD Transition Fair” for all 11th and 12th grade students enrolled in Learning Strategies and the CDOC program will be held at the Byrd Learning Center from 9-12PM on Friday, February 17th.
The purpose of this fair is to foster the transition from school to college and/or work by providing “real life post-secondary experiences” for our students. During the fair students will participate in mock job interviews, presentations from representatives from local area colleges, presentations on “dressing for success”, and a gallery full of job and college information.
Financial, Material Support Sparks 2016-17 Competition Start-up
NEMS One 62 Schools Nationally to Earn Rigorous Certification
The Class of 2016
More than $11,000,000 in Scholarship Offerings
71.6% Plan to Attend a Two or Four-Year College
3.4% Will Enter The Military & Serve Our Country
17% Are Workforce-Ready & Will Begin Their Careers
February 1, 2017
February 16, 2017
February 20, 2017
March 1, 2017
8:00 AM - 3:30 PM ONE K-12 COMMUNITY DAY OF CARING
8:30 AM - 11:00 AM North Augusta High School Day of Caring Morning Project
1:00 PM - 3:30 PM North Augusta High School Day of Caring Afternoon Project